MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riding during the shut down.

+4
Kev M
Cam3512
egschade
mogu83
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Riding during the shut down. - Page 2 Empty Re: Riding during the shut down.

Post by Kev M Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:01 pm

I've snuck out once a day for the last 3. Today by myself for a longer loop.

Some where maybe down near Batsto passed a small group of bikes that included one older Guzzi.

Lots of antique cars and few antique Harleys too..

With Jenn on service again as of tomorrow and kids homeschooling that's all for me for a week.

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:11 pm

I.....just spread 3 yards of mulch on this beautiful day. Will reload and do the same tomorrow. Oh the joy of being retired. Laughing If it weren't for this f....ng virus, I could be in Italy, shopping for a used Guzzi. Rolling Eyes
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:46 pm

Took a 45 min ride around some Morris County back roads to work some Sea Foam through the injectors after doing a bunch of yard work. V7 is running well and the roads were largely empty. Back to work (at home) tomorrow.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam3512 Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:09 pm

Nice 70 mile, 2 hour loop on the freshly serviced Ambo through the Barrens today. Life is good!
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:25 am

I got out for a ride yesterday.I met some guys up in Sussex County and rode around there.A lot of bikes every where and cars too.
182 mile trip.
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:51 am

I've been down with some sort of bug. Congestion, tight chest, mild cough and low-grade fever. Test was negative but 'it's not reliable' says the doctor so I'll self quarantine for a couple weeks and see what happens.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:39 am

Let's hope it's the seasonal flu. Did you get a flu shot?
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:08 am

I get the shot but my doc says it's a bit of a crap shoot whether it covers the virus you get or not. Last year it was only 40% effective.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:01 am

Well let's hope for the best.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam3512 Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:36 am

Yea, lots of false negatives out there. My 19 YO niece Jill's boyfriend tested positive. They were in very close contact well beforehand. She had the same symptoms for a couple days, then was fine. Believe it or not she tested negative. No WAY she did not have it. AND by brothers entire family also tested negative. Impossible.

Same story with a coworker. Wife and new baby positive, him negative. And that's with the baby sneezing in his face! They're all fine now.
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam3512 Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:42 am

I got out for a few hours yesterday on the freshly serviced '74 V7 Sport.  Stopped by my friend and BMW Guru Mike Kowal's to catch up, it's been a while.  He's still working on and owns MANY cool vintage bikes, mainly Beemers.  He recently bought a 1951 Harley flathead "Servicar".  He's meticulous with his work, and has tons of bikes stashed everywhere on his property. Still can't even move inside his home shop though with all the clutter. But he knows where everything is!  Love talking to him, shoulda never sold my '71 /5...
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:43 am

I have heard many stories like that. I presume I have it - a normal cold doesn't linger for 3+ weeks which is how long I've had this. Also familiar with sinusitis and this isn't it.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam3512 Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:53 am

egschade wrote:I have heard many stories like that. I presume I have it - a normal cold doesn't linger for 3+ weeks which is how long I've had this. Also familiar with sinusitis and this isn't it.

However, the regular flu and pneumonia is also still going around. Cases are being clumped in with Corona.
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:20 am

Feel better Eric!

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:44 am

Cam3512 wrote:I got out for a few hours yesterday on the freshly serviced '74 V7 Sport.  Stopped by my friend and BMW Guru Mike Kowal's to catch up, it's been a while.  He's still working on and owns MANY cool vintage bikes, mainly Beemers.  He recently bought a 1951 Harley flathead "Servicar".  He's meticulous with his work, and has tons of bikes stashed everywhere on his property. Still can't even move inside his home shop though with all the clutter. But he knows where everything is!  Love talking to him, shoulda never sold my '71 /5...
Some day Mike is going to move an oil can and cause a motorcycle avalanche, they'll find him buried under a couple of tons of motorcycles.   Pretty  ballsy riding up to the fringe of the contamination zone.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam3512 Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:26 pm

mogu83 wrote:
Cam3512 wrote:I got out for a few hours yesterday on the freshly serviced '74 V7 Sport.  Stopped by my friend and BMW Guru Mike Kowal's to catch up, it's been a while.  He's still working on and owns MANY cool vintage bikes, mainly Beemers.  He recently bought a 1951 Harley flathead "Servicar".  He's meticulous with his work, and has tons of bikes stashed everywhere on his property. Still can't even move inside his home shop though with all the clutter. But he knows where everything is!  Love talking to him, shoulda never sold my '71 /5...
Some day Mike is going to move an oil can and cause a motorcycle avalanche, they'll find him buried under a couple of tons of motorcycles.   Pretty  ballsy riding up to the fringe of the contamination zone.

Yea, I was "masked up" when I briefly skirted thru Lakewood.  Mike claims his ex wife is somewhere beneath that pile in his shop.  I truly don't know how he does it.  Must take him literally all day just to clear a path to a lift and get a bike down.  Keep telling him I'll take a week off and clean and organize it.  I can only imagine the gems that must be buried in there. Even if he would let me, doubt it would last that long.  Showed me a pic of the 1955 R50 Factory test ISDT bike he restored.  It's parked in his living room!
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:48 pm

That ISDT bike is a rare gem.  He was collecting parts for that for well over a decade, he told me the enduro clock on the bike is worth 5K.  The leather panniers on the bike are original as on the bike in 1955 - he found them new in the box on German ebay. He's truly obsessed.
Under his pile ( actually on a lift) he has a 1938 OHV Zundapp that he's collecting parts for.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam3512 Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:05 pm

mogu83 wrote:That ISDT bike is a rare gem.  He was collecting parts for that for well over a decade, he told me the enduro clock on the bike is worth 5K.  The leather panniers on the bike are original as on the bike in 1955 - he found them new in the box on German ebay. He's truly obsessed.
Under his pile ( actually on a lift) he has a 1938 OHV Zundapp that he's collecting parts for.

The only thing he couldn't find for that ISDT is the numbers matching frame. The one on the bike is a few numbers off from the engine. Maybe someday the correct frame will surface. If so, that adds another $100K to the value. He'll cough up a couple thou just for a solid lead, much less a finders fee.
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:28 pm

How do you feel Eric?
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:39 pm

Nick wrote:How do you feel Eric?

Thanks for asking Nick. I feel more tired than anything with a mild cough and slight fever. Doc says I may have a 'light' infection despite the negative test - sick but far from life threatening. I'm going to take a few days off work and see if the added rest helps.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:28 pm

Take care of yourself Eric and don't rely on the fact that you tested negative. I'm hearing that many tested negative at first and then positive. Let's hope you are not in that group and that you're just sick because you miss riding that Guzzi! Keep us updated.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Sun May 03, 2020 8:13 am

How are you feeling old man! Hope all is well.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Sun May 03, 2020 8:52 am

Hey Nick (and everyone else). It's been a rough month. Just as I'm feeling better I'm now dealing with my parents. Mom in rehab following broken ankle and dementia which prevents her going home. While dealing with that we found out my father has advanced bladder cancer - awaiting test results to get a prognosis but that doesn't look good.

It's kinda like the BSA I used to own - fix one thing and another breaks.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Sun May 03, 2020 9:06 am

WOW - tough times Eric.
Been there, and it was times like that when the motorcycle, and a short ride (alone) on it became a mental health issue.
BTW: Both my BSAs were rock solid.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Sun May 03, 2020 9:16 am

egschade wrote:Hey Nick (and everyone else). It's been a rough month. Just as I'm feeling better I'm now dealing with my parents. Mom in rehab following broken ankle and dementia which prevents her going home. While dealing with that we found out my father has advanced bladder cancer - awaiting test results to get a prognosis but that doesn't look good.

It's kinda like the BSA I used to own - fix one thing and another breaks.  

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Sorry about your parents.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next