MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone riding??

+2
royaloilfield
mogu83
6 posters

Go down

Anyone riding?? Empty Anyone riding??

Post by mogu83 Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:48 am

I stopped posting write ups of my motorcycle rides because I got the feeling that people thought I was turning this into a personal b-log.   The 'riding season' is drawing to a close and the last ride report was in May, could it be that no one on this list does anything with their bikes??

Naturally a quick ride around the block wouldn't be of any interest, but a quick write up on a two or three day ride might encourage others to do the same.
No points given or lost for composition,grammar or spelling, after all it's a motorcycle forum, not an English, journalism or communications competition.

just sayin
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Anyone riding?? Empty Re: Anyone riding??

Post by royaloilfield Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:23 pm

I hope the riding season is not "drawing to a close" ... I was just thinking today riding up the river that it's about to get better!!!!!

side note: i did just get back from a 1200 mile round trip visit to the ADK on the Triumph tiger....so yeah I'm riding!
royaloilfield
royaloilfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:21 pm

There's a "season" to riding?

And a ride is just around the block and not anything if it's not 2-3 days?

???

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:37 pm

Kev M wrote:There's a "season" to riding?
And a ride is just around the block and not anything if it's not 2-3 days?
???

I guess, I consider the 'riding season'. from Daytona to Barber.  Not much happens involving a motorcycle in between.

mogu83 wrote:Naturally a quick ride around the block wouldn't be of any interest, but a quick write-up on a two or three day ride might encourage others to do the same.
I ride almost every day, but doubt anyone would be interested in a ride to Pic-a-Lili for a beer or Allentown for ice cream.  But some might find a write-up about a weekend ride interesting.

Just trying to stir up some interest on the forum, Mia Culpa
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:53 pm

I hear ya man. But most of my riding these days are day rides (when the kids are at camp/school) or like today when everyone was home.

So today the whole family went out for our usual circumnavigation of Wharton, Sweetwater, Batsto and ended up in Hammonton at the Funky Cow.

Not much to tell except the Funky Chicken sandwich (BLT, Chicken, and a Siracha sauce with savory waffles as "bread" was pretty good). Seamus loved his Smore Waffle (chocolate ice cream, marshmallows, Nutella, served all crem brulee style on a sweet waffle).

Good stuff.... I'd suggest it for a future Guzzi ride but there's a great Mexican place just down the block that would be better!!!

Hmmm can anyone see this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by ff73148 Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Rode to Hightstown today on my Bobber with my buddy who rides a 1400 California. Will be going to Lucille’s, on 539, for breakfast at 9.
ff73148
ff73148

Back to top Go down

Post by royaloilfield Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:22 pm

Why did you ride to Hightsown today? I work at a bike shop in Hightstown! Any relation to Gino Ferrante? BTW The breakfast at Granny's Grill on 539 in New Eygpt is really good!!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
royaloilfield
royaloilfield

Back to top Go down

Post by ff73148 Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:28 pm

Went to lunch at 12 Farms. What bike shop is in Hightstown? No relationship. Been going to Lucille’s for years.
ff73148
ff73148

Back to top Go down

Post by royaloilfield Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:34 pm

Small bike shop called FASTWAY..He is a suspension guy for alot of Enduro/MX guys but we do alot of stuff....Wife and I ate their (12 farms) not long ago pretty solid!!!
royaloilfield
royaloilfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:58 pm

So it seems we are riding...

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:49 am

I've had to take a break as every hour of every week has been spoken for with my new job and the home rebuild. Hoping to make up for it come September.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:23 am

royaloilfield wrote: i did just get back from a 1200 mile round trip visit to the ADK on the Triumph tiger....so yeah I'm riding!
Assuming ADK is the Adirondacks where did you go?? Last month I rode to Hancock on the Delaware then took Rt 30 to Tupper Lake then East to Au Sable Chasm (bucket list item) then over to Vermont Rt 7 to Taconic and back home. Rode the Valkyrie, two nights in motels three days on the road. Middle of the week no traffic and few tourists, the Adirondacks is a nice area and very underused,
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam3512 Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:32 pm

Put on another 180 break-in miles on the V85TT this morning. Rode the back way to Wildwood to check out the “Tattoo Convention” and do some people watching. $15 to park and another $20 entry fee was wasted. Still, I enjoyed “the ride”. Not every route can be the BRP or Dragon, especially in NJ. “Almost” chilly at 7am - bring on the Fall! Finally a bike I really don’t want to get off of....
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

Post by royaloilfield Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:17 pm

Harry...yes up rt 7 through Vermont to visit old friend Mac in Keene Valley NY then back down and around through PA...Brian Hey anyone ever been to TOYMAKERS CAFE IN CT? great breakfast stop!!!!
royaloilfield
royaloilfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam3512 Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:19 am

royaloilfield wrote: Harry...yes up rt 7 through Vermont to visit old friend Mac in Keene Valley NY then back down and around through PA...Brian  Hey anyone ever been to TOYMAKERS CAFE IN CT?  great breakfast stop!!!!

Mac Dennis?
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down