MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Read > What kind of club are we?

+5
Cam3512
Kev M
Guzziboy66
mogu83
egschade
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Please Read > What kind of club are we? - Page 2 Empty Re: Please Read > What kind of club are we?

Post by mogu83 Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:57 pm

ff73148 wrote:
Harry, because the MSTA has held multiple rallies Canaan Valley they only charge us $99 a night for lodge rooms. The MSTA gets reduced rates for rooms at all their rallies. If any of the MGNOC members are interested in any of the MSTA rallies check out the web site or contact me. I'll post other MSTA rallies I will be attending.
Frank
Can't see why you shouldn't post a rally your going to. Anything that might give someone a reason to ride their bike is a good thing.
The restaurant in the lodge has a great Prime Rib buffet on Fridays, good Italian a few miles North on the highway and the The Mummies of Philippi are not to be missed. OH - then the bad side, the deer in the park are deadly, every time I've been there someone has been hurt (or worse).
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Please Read > What kind of club are we? - Page 2 Empty Re: Please Read > What kind of club are we?

Post by ff73148 Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:01 pm

mogu83 wrote:
ff73148 wrote:
Harry, because the MSTA has held multiple rallies Canaan Valley they only charge us $99 a night for lodge rooms. The MSTA gets reduced rates for rooms at all their rallies. If any of the MGNOC members are interested in any of the MSTA rallies check out the web site or contact me. I'll post other MSTA rallies I will be attending.
Frank
Can't see why you shouldn't post a rally your going to.  Anything that might give someone a reason to ride their bike is a good thing.
The restaurant in the lodge has a great Prime Rib buffet on Fridays, good Italian a few miles North on the highway and the The Mummies of Philippi are not to be missed.   OH - then the bad side, the deer in the park are deadly, every time I've been there someone has been hurt (or worse).

What is the name of the Italian Restaurant? I'll pass on the mummies.
ff73148
ff73148

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:42 pm

ff73148 wrote:
'Mama Mia Pie and Pasta' not fancy but then you will be in West Virginia.  A weird thing about the restaurant at the resort - it has a wine steward.  Now that's weird a wine steward in West (by God) Virginia.
Trust me, the mummies are not to be missed, not only for the mummies but the whole experience.  Only 50 miles West of New Canaan.
Another interesting site is the Trans-Alleghany Lunatic Asylum in Weston, WV.   About 20 miles Southwest of the mummies, take the tour very interesting.

50 miles South is the Cass railroad, IMHO a little pricey but cool (go after noon time- after the fog lifts from the valleys)
Just a few miles South of Cass is the Green Bank Observatory, where they listen for stuff from outer space. VERY interesting and FREE.

All this stuff has sites on the internet.

All great roads where ever you go (but be careful of the GPS - they have a strange sense of a 'road' in W. Virginia).  If I was only going to do one, it would be Green Bank, but I really did enjoy the mummies.

Just sayin   Smile
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by ff73148 Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:54 pm

mogu83 wrote:
ff73148 wrote:
'Mama Mia Pie and Pasta' not fancy but then you will be in West Virginia.  A weird thing about the restaurant at the resort - it has a wine steward.  Now that's weird a wine steward in West (by God) Virginia.
Trust me, the mummies are not to be missed, not only for the mummies but the whole experience.  Only 50 miles West of New Canaan.
Another interesting site is the Trans-Alleghany Lunatic Asylum in Weston, WV.   About 20 miles Southwest of the mummies, take the tour very interesting.

50 miles South is the Cass railroad, IMHO a little pricey but cool (go after noon time- after the fog lifts from the valleys)
Just a few miles South of Cass is the Green Bank Observatory, where they listen for stuff from outer space. VERY interesting and FREE.

All this stuff has sites on the internet.

All great roads where ever you go (but be careful of the GPS - they have a strange sense of a 'road' in W. Virginia).  If I was only going to do one, it would be Green Bank, but I really did enjoy the mummies.

Just sayin   Smile

Harry,
One of the other MSTA rallies is the Fall Colors Rally in Lewisburg, WV which I attended last year. I did go to the Green Bank Observatory and The Bunker at Greenbrier.
To let everyone know the Canaan Valley Rally in June is a joint rally with the MSTA and the BMWRA. This is the first time the two clubs are having a joint rally. Rooms are booking up fast. So if anyone is interested contact me. I'll post the other rallies as they come up.
ff73148
ff73148

Guzziboy66 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2