MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NYC Motorcycle Show 2019

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NYC Motorcycle Show 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: NYC Motorcycle Show 2019

Post by Kev M Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:00 pm

mogu83 wrote:
Kev M wrote:
Meh, if you think you need a dealer network as much as health insurance at your age you've gone senile dude.
Reread the post.  Just listing things we have but don't immediately NEED.  Sorry you missed the point.

Kev M wrote:And sure you CAN break something that no-one has in stock, in the US, Italy, or Germany, it can happen on any bike. But it's really rare.
Just repeating what a Guzzi dealer told me.  He seemed a little upset about it so I assume it happens more than occasionally.

Kev M wrote:You mentioned ignition switch, well I had one go out on me on a Guzzi Jackal on the Blue Ridge Parkway about halfway through VA, no dealer in 100's of miles, but there WAS an Autozone and guess what, they had what I needed to fix it. So I was on the road again in hours.
I would still consider the Jackel as a nuts and bolt type bike.  Again reread. I specifically referred to an 2018 CAN Bus bike.

Kev M wrote:I guess I don't feel the need to talk about it every time some discussion of touring comes up, but yes, I've ridden coast-to-coast-to-coast.
Coast to Coast to Coast   impressive, I've only ridden coast to coast (a few times) never saw it referred as C-C-C.   I guess people figured I walked back. Very Happy

A: I didn't MISS the point, I DISMISSED the point.

2: Meh, you're making assumptions and now you're missing the point.

III. Actually the JACKAL was an open-loop EFI bike, and though it's not CAN-BUS that doesn't mean the ignition switch works any different. You know wires make contact for various circuits and all that...

4. Wow, I thought you'd BTDT with everything possible? Never heard it before? It's even an official Iron Butt Association even if you do it in a certain amount of time. No matter, you may not know this but there are people who ride one way for various reasons - like the shipped their bike from somewhere, or they bought a bike at one side and want it at the other, or they store a bike on different sides of the country (Pete R or Tom Au), or... oh never mind... this is getting stupid.

You do you boo, you do you...

Kev M

Back to top Go down

NYC Motorcycle Show 2019 - Page 2 Empty Re: NYC Motorcycle Show 2019

Post by egschade Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:40 pm

Back to the NYC show thread and the new BMW F750/850, Rider has an initial review [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

One of the more interesting updates is the engine is now 270 degree firing with offset crank pins to give it more 'character'. The previous engine was very buzzy and bland which was the primary reason I sold my bike. Not what I would call a pretty bike either - more character or not the engine does not look good to me...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2