MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moto Guzzi V85TT

+5
royaloilfield
egschade
Kev M
JoeA
Nick
9 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Moto Guzzi V85TT Empty Moto Guzzi V85TT

Post by Nick Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:15 am

A friend of mine just sent me this picture form Italy:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not a bad looking bike Cool
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Moto Guzzi V85TT Empty Re: Moto Guzzi V85TT

Post by JoeA Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:22 pm

The V85 interest me,but I was hoping for more up close viewing.For some reason Guzzi does not want up close scrutiny.

JoeA

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:28 pm

I guess it will be introduced to everyone during EICMA 2018 in a couple of months. 'Till then click on the link below, for some light reading  Wink

or as Kev says, this one:

Last edited by Nick on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:03 pm

Plan to take a demo ride when they finally arrive stateside. Could be that middle ground between V7 and Stelvio (which I really wanted to like but is just to big and heavy). V85 could be my 'mama bear'.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:48 pm

Go to the mothership website for HIGH RES pics!

The fit and finish looks STUNNING!

I want this motor and that front end on a new smallblock!!!!

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Of the color schemes I've seen the white/yellow is the least offensive to me. The iridescent green and super-shiny blue are just too much. As noted on the WG site I think a dark grey or black would nicely offset the red frame like they did with this version of the Racer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by royaloilfield Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:06 pm

I am thinking about gettin rid of the triumph tiger and getting this..but..the color!!!
royaloilfield
royaloilfield

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:57 am

Someone on Wildgoose posted an unsubstantiated price of $14K. As if the paint scheme wasn't enough, that price point would be high enough to discourage me.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:52 am

I don’t know where that 14k came from
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:51 pm

Nick wrote:I don’t know where that 14k came from

Yeah, the guy who said it has yet to say where he got that number. Probably just a SWAG on his part - forum fodder as it were...
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:41 pm

Just saw a post with the $14,000 mentioned and how it was arrived at.

If the bike's MSRP in Italy is 12,000 Euro, remember that it also includes IVA/VAT taxes at a whopping 22%.
(in 2019 it will increase to 24.2%  affraid )

So the basic retail actually starts at 9,800 Euro. If you now take that number and convert it to USDs, at today's exchange rate, it becomes approx. $11,400.
So actually the US MSRP could be between $11,500 and 12,000.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:58 pm

That makes a lot more sense - that VAT is a killer. I signed up for a demo ride notification so we'll see what happens.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:50 am

Just received an email from a friend of mine, in Italy. He is a retired moto journalist, I think he worked for Motociclismo.

He sent me this picture and the following text: (I translated it "literally", so it may seem a little choppy .....  Wink if you need clarification on anything, let me know)

Attached is the Press Release made by Moto Guzzi during Intermot, the motorcycle show held in Cologne in Germany every two years.

MOTO GUZZI V85 TT

A STEP BY MOTO GUZZI TOWARDS ITS FUTURE, A TRIBUTE TO A JOURNEY IN HER PURE ESSENCE, DEDICATED TO MOTORCYCLES WHO DO NOT STOP WHEN THE ASPHALT IS FINISHED

THE 80 HP BICILINDRICAL IS A NEW TECHNICAL PLATFORM AROUND WHICH MOTO GUZZI WILL DEVELOP A NEW MOTORCYCLE FAMILY

Moto Guzzi produces authentic Italian motorcycles since 1921.
Almost a hundred years of tradition and passion; almost a century of magnificent motorcycles always built in Mandello del Lario, combining the best technologies and the most precious Italian manufacture. The next milestone for the eagle is to celebrate the goal of 2021 with a range of motorcycles that is increasingly wide.

V85 TT is an open view of the future, the next challenge of a brand that wants to offer fans a wider range, able to satisfy every need. V85 TT comes from the best Moto Guzzi tradition, made of authenticity, which is the real founding value of the Mandello house and is born around a new engine that guarantees driveability and lots of fun. It is the motorcycle that was missing in an increasingly popular market, dedicated to the journey in its purest conception, which brings to mind the epic rides of the '80s, a reference world from which it inherits style, charm and then emotion, but that is born to face both the everyday road and the long haul according to the most current needs.
In its range of traveler V85 TT is a new and original proposal that combines stylistic references to the golden age of adventure in motion with content and functionality of a modern travel enduro and is part of the natural evolution of the Mandello Del Lario brand and its motorcycles.

Traveling to live, V85 TT is an adventure every day

Moto Guzzi boasts a solid off-road tradition: the first statements arrived at the Six Days of "regularity" of 1939 held in Austria, where Moto Guzzi participated with the GT 20, winning four gold medals. The real season of regularity continues in 1957, with the Lodola Regularity and then with the Stornello Regularity in 1962. Strong of this tradition, Moto Guzzi has faced the Paris-Dakar in 1985 with the V65 Baja and the following year with the V75 Baja , strictly derived from the standard models, appreciated for their lightness and for the characteristics of the propeller, both reliable and reliable.
V85 TT is dedicated to those who, while not dreaming of Dakar, aspire to a bike that returns the spirit of adventure in daily journeys. Moto Guzzi prefigures a modern motorcycle, complete in equipment and strong character, but also a pure and essential bike in the forms that are born directly from the history of Moto Guzzi.

Style: V85 TT is the Classic Enduro

The design represents the meeting point between technology and functionality with a classically Moto Guzzi style, designed to last over time so as to define V85 TT the Classic Enduro dedicated to tourism.
Proportioned in dimensions that are anything but prohibitive, accessible by riders of all levels and experience, tight in the waistband to allow freedom of movement, the V85 TT boasts excellent rider and passenger accommodation. No compromise has been granted to the detriment of comfort and habitability, resulting in a comfortable bike in two, with the panniers installed on the structure of the frame. The design of the tank is a reference to the Moto Guzzi tradition set up for African rides. In line with the Guzzi history are also the high front fender and the beautiful double front projector, stylistic / functional solutions already present on the NTX 650 of 1996 and on the Quota 1000 of 1989. Modern technological elements - such as the completely digital instrumentation and the series of LED DRL lights of the front projector - so they combine to styles of great classicism of the off-road world.

Character, lightness and ease

The expertise of Moto Guzzi in the construction of superfine cycling is also confirmed on the V85 TT. The frame is completely new; pursuing the objectives of lightness, rationality and accessibility, is made of steel tubes and exploits the particular anchorage of the engine to achieve a rigid structure that returns on one side precision and rigor on the road and other strength and just feeling in driving off the road . The beautiful asymmetrical aluminum swingarm has on its left an arm with a curved shape, useful to draw a very linear flow of the exhaust pipe, in order to reduce the side encumbrances to the maximum. The right arm of the swingarm instead houses the new cardan transmission. The monoshock connects the frame directly to the right arm of the swingarm, a solution that facilitates access to the hydraulic and spring preload adjustments, freeing up space for the layout of the exhaust system. The suspensions offer a wheel excursion very generous for satisfactory off-road use, thanks to a conspicuous height from the ground of the engine, as well as ensuring comfort on the roads more usual.
A new engine, a classic of the future
In the V85 TT debuts a new Moto Guzzi engine. The constructive scheme is the exclusive and proprietary one of all the current production of the Moto Guzzi: it is in fact a 90 degree 850 cc twin-cylinder, air-cooled, which "expresses" 80 HP of power. It is an engine that, in the full Moto Guzzi philosophy is set to be a classic in the near future, ensuring rewarding performance on every path, as well as ensuring great character and the usual and spectacular pull from low revs. The technical platform of V85 TT , including its mechanics - as always enhanced within the vehicle body, being deliberately left exposed in all its beauty - is the technical basis for the development of a series of new motorcycles. A family of medium displacement, from the different destinations of use, united by the strong character, the generous performances and the typical Moto Guzzi style.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Digging the solid paint and black frame. Will be interesting to see how this bike tests and if the HP numbers are anything close to reality.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:58 am

Well, I'm sure the HP numbers they claim, are inline with what other manufacturers claim. I don't know why the HP numbers on this model would be derived/arrived at any differently than any prior year models. Anyway....we'll soon see.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:10 am

It would be outstanding to see +/- 65 rear wheel HP and a curb weight under 500 pounds. That would having it split the difference between the V7 and Stelvio - just what I'm after in a bike. If it offers a plusher ride than the V7 - my main complaint is the harsh suspension - then I'll have to take a serious look.

Given the suggested price it would be cheaper just upgrading my suspension but those options are limited and expensive. Would rather put the $$ towards a total bike upgrade.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:03 am

I think it's going to be slightly less than what the BMW F800GS claims as far as HP (BMW claims 85) and MSRP (BMW $12,295).
We'll see. I'm not bike shopping so it feels different from my prospective Wink
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:10 pm

Picked this up from the WG forum - nice little video:
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by JerryK Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:15 pm

Hey Nick,

That’s a lot of translating!! Good press release article!

Jerry

JerryK

Back to top Go down

Moto Guzzi V85TT Empty From the EICMA show today

Post by Nick Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:35 am

Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:01 pm

V85 TT details

Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:20 pm

460 pounds wet and a 6.8 gal tank is interesting. No seat height shown and that horrendous paint looks like something a clown would be riding in a circus.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:54 pm

Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:59 pm

mogu83 wrote:......... and that horrendous paint looks like something a clown would be riding in a circus.

Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:10 pm

mogu83 wrote:460 pounds wet and a 6.8 gal tank is interesting.

Some clarification: Wink

208 kg - 458 lbs Dry
229 kg - 504 lbs Wet
21 liters - 5.5 gallons fuel
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next