MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got out for 50 miles yesterday...and BREWERIES sidetrack

4 posters

Go down

Got out for 50 miles yesterday...and BREWERIES sidetrack Empty Got out for 50 miles yesterday...and BREWERIES sidetrack

Post by 9fingers Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:51 am

It hit 65 up here yesterday and the sun was shining so Sophia and I went for a 50 mile ride to nowhere in particular and we had a spectacular time. I ended up at the Westtown Brewery just over the NY border.......but did not stop as I don't ride after a beer. I love good beer but I am still a lightweight and I need all my skills..........If any of you ever end up in that neck of the woods, just off of 284 in NY state, the beer is very good and the wood fired pizzas even better. Also, the Bottoms Up eatery is not far, just up the road in Slate Hill, for those wanting other than pizza.....really good food. While on the subject, Fox and Hare brewery in Port Jervis, probably even better beer overall, superb burgers, and a super cool place to go and hang and they play great music IMO. I am sure we all have our faves but the best brewery I have encountered is about 8 miles from my house, Angry Erics. The master brewer is a biochemist and knows her stuff and they do an amazing job. Of course, being NJ they are not allowed to serve food but do have food trucks visit. Hopefully you guys can make it up north for a Spring camp out or whatever, up 97 or wherever.
Scott

9fingers

Guzziboy66 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Got out for 50 miles yesterday...and BREWERIES sidetrack Empty Re: Got out for 50 miles yesterday...and BREWERIES sidetrack

Post by Kev M Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:46 am

I got to NY for some brick fire oven Pizza this weekend too...

...well, Time's Square, and Hamilton and midnight Pizza.... and this smoked bourbon thing...

We did hit the Ark Brewery Friday night before we drove up to the hotel in NYC.

I don't think they had pizza.

Honestly the whole weekend has some foggy spots.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and of course...

I'll be riding shortly...

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Got out for 50 miles yesterday...and BREWERIES sidetrack Empty Re: Got out for 50 miles yesterday...and BREWERIES sidetrack

Post by egschade Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:51 am

You DO look a little foggy in pic #2...
egschade
egschade

Kev M likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:56 am

9fingers wrote:It hit 65 up here yesterday and the sun was shining so Sophia and I went for a 50 mile ride to nowhere in particular and we had a spectacular time. I ended up at the Westtown Brewery just over the NY border.......but did not stop as I don't ride after a beer. I love good beer but I am still a lightweight and I need all my skills..........If any of you ever end up in that neck of the woods, just off of 284 in NY state, the beer is very good and the wood fired pizzas even better. Also, the Bottoms Up eatery is not far, just up the road in Slate Hill,  for those wanting other than pizza.....really good food. While on the subject, Fox and Hare brewery in Port Jervis, probably even better beer overall, superb burgers, and a super cool place to go and hang and they play great music IMO. I am sure we all have our faves but the best brewery I have encountered is about 8 miles from my house, Angry Erics. The master brewer is a biochemist and knows her stuff and they do an amazing job. Of course, being NJ they are not allowed to serve food but do have food trucks visit. Hopefully you guys can make it up north for a Spring camp out or whatever, up 97 or wherever.
Scott

They all sound like good stopping points, even if you don't get a beer. Some rides to the great north are definitely on the itinerary for this year and of course, Angry Erik is a must [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by 9fingers Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:02 am

Yes he does look a little foggy..........but looks like a good time!

9fingers

Kev M and Guzziboy66 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam3512 Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:06 am

What the heck are you drinking in that photo?
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:13 am

Cam3512 wrote:What the heck are you drinking in that photo?

From the cocktail menu at The Stinger (hotel bar in the Intercontinental Times Square where we were staying):

SMOKIN' SIPPER

In-house Smoked Woodford Reserve Bourbon, Ardbeg single malt scotch stirred with Adelaide's Orgeat Syrup & rosemary infused Noilly Prat Dry Vermouth, Thai bitters

It was basically a super-bougie Old Fashioned and quite good.

I also had a more "common" Old Fashioned after it, but the Smokin' Sipper was incredible.

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:25 am

Looks delicious but complicated.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:31 am

egschade wrote:Looks delicious but complicated.

I don't think I'm going to bother making one at home....

....though I'm not beyond making an old fashioned with some bitters, simple syrup, and maybe some citrus zest.

Kev M

egschade likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down