MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That other Jersey guy

5 posters

Go down

That other Jersey guy Empty That other Jersey guy

Post by Nick Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:00 pm

What do you all think about this Springsteen incident? They say he was riding a motorcycle, maybe a Guzzi, so it may be appropriate for this forum.......   Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

That other Jersey guy Empty Re: That other Jersey guy

Post by mogu83 Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:22 pm

What do I think.
First I don't like Bruce Springsteen's politics and the way that he thinks for some reason we should pay attention to his opinions on the economy, world affairs or climate change are laughable, at best.  He's a human juke box- you give it some money and it sings a song - that's all.
But - I can put that aside and say I think he was screwed on this one.  Apparently he was riding a motorcycle through Sandy Hook National park.  Some fans noticed him and called him over, took some pictures, some BS, shared one shot of tequila and was on his way. He was pulled over almost immediately, by the Park Rangers (not the police).  Article in Asbury Park Press.
I've seen the Park Rangers in action (not the police) and they qualify for the asshole award.  The BMW club had there yearly picnic there twice and the same thing happened both times.  The police were cool, went past gave a wave and continued on.  The Park Rangers stopped the car, got out walked through, didn't say anything except asking who was in charge, reminded them that there was no riding on the grass, no alcoholic beverage and the speed limit was strictly enforced.  This was done in a loud enough voice that most people that were there heard it.  Then they just kind of hung around, either walking or in the car.   Typical wanabe cops on a power trip.

So yes I think Bruce was screwed.  Could have been any one of us.

Last edited by mogu83 on Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
mogu83
mogu83

Kev M likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam3512 Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:50 pm

If you’re looking for a job in law enforcement, and you find yourself as a Park Ranger on Sandy Hook, something went horribly wrong.  Arresting Bruce Springsteen for doing a shot of tequila is probably the height of your career.   So sad.
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

Post by MADMIKE Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:40 am

I read it was a Triumph motorcycle. Funny to see Cancel Culture cancelling one of their own.
Jeep pulled the unifying commercial he made with no questions asked- (who rides a jeep topless in the middle of winter by the way - wouldn't last 5 minutes)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jeep should have stood their ground. Could have stated everyone makes mistakes and that
Jeeps = Old Dudes downing shots = Freedom = America!

In the end he'll write a bullshit song about redemption, donate all the proceeds to BLM, and he'll be back in business.
MADMIKE
MADMIKE

Kev M likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:05 pm

The article said he cooperated (after initially refusing the test) so forget the jail time.
The max fine is $5,000 that's like $1.95 to us.
Federal Govt doesn't transfer points to the States.  Absolute worst case scenario is he'll be banned from driving on federal land for a year.  In Jersey that's Sandy Hook, no loss there.

Maybe he was able to drive that open jeep in the cold weather because he had a little warmer in the glove compartment.  Laughing
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:03 am

With everything going on in the world. The Asbury Park Press has used the space for a front page column on Springsteen  every day, except one, this week.

Gives you a sense of what people's priorities are.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:14 pm

From APP website:
"Springsteen, 71, was arraigned Wednesday via video conference before Magistrate Judge Anthony Mautone. The New Jersey rocker pleaded guilty to the charge of drinking in a closed area, accepting "full responsibility" for his actions and agreeing to pay a $500 fine – with $40 fee"

Well that's over.  I guess I won't be doing a friendly 'shot' of anything but a soft drink when I'm on Sandy Hook.    Strange nothing about the person who owned the bottle, or the people that shared a drink.   Good news is the 'Boss' won't miss $500 as much as I would.
mogu83
mogu83

Guzziboy66 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:41 pm

Look, I can't stand "The Boss", but if he was under the limit and all he did is have a shot or two, i think the fine is a little exaggerated.
Nick
Nick

Guzziboy66 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:37 pm

Nick wrote:Look, I can't stand "The Boss", but if he was under the limit and all he did is have a shot or two, i think the fine is a little exaggerated.
That's the difference between US and THEM.  We can have some empathy for the other side when they get screwed.

BTW:  The BMW club virtual meeting is tonight 7 PM.
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Link for tonight:  LINK FOR MEETING:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 
mogu83
mogu83

Nick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:41 pm

I rejoined last year. I will try to attend tonight. If I don't fall asleep Cool
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:12 pm

Nick wrote:Look, I can't stand "The Boss", but if he was under the limit and all he did is have a shot or two, i think the fine is a little exaggerated.
National park, they don't fool around. He's lucky they didn't send him to Leavenworth! Very Happy
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:36 pm

Mac wrote:
National park, they don't fool around. He's lucky they didn't send him to Leavenworth! Very Happy
Right ---  And you and Nick should remember that when you ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway.   Razz
mogu83
mogu83

Mac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:54 pm

I had an encounter on Skyline Drive with the rangers. I may still have the warning slip they gave me Laughing
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down