MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter windshield

2 posters

Go down

Winter windshield Empty Winter windshield

Post by mogu83 Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:16 pm

It's that wonderful time of the year when the big windshield comes out.  It is perfect for me, and provides a nice cell of calm air behind the screen.  Something I noticed while putting it on that I hadn't noticed before.
If any of you have spent time at night riding behind an aftermarket windshield you may have noticed if the shield is mounted just a little in front of the headlight the light tends to travel up the plastic and the windshield gets a slight glow to it.  Every windshield I've had, I've had to paint the lower edge of the windshield so this wouldn't happen.  As I was putting the big Givi on I noticed this was done at the factory.  Another reason to be impressed with the thought that goes behind Givi accessories.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mogu83
mogu83

Nick and ff73148 like this post

Back to top Go down

Winter windshield Empty Re: Winter windshield

Post by egschade Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:41 pm

I just installed a new Puig touring shield. Different profile than the CalSci I used the last couple years. Have been sick with this terrible head cold going around so haven't had a chance to try it out. From the reviews I read it does a better job with head buffeting.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down