MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planned Events and Rallies

5 posters

Go down

Planned Events and Rallies Empty Planned Events and Rallies

Post by mogu83 Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:13 am

While I'm on here:
Planned Events and Rallies is almost empty.  Before I fill it up with events, that no one is interested in, maybe I could get some input from people on the list.
Is there any interest in a club ride to an existing rally or perhaps an overnight ride to somewhere in the local (300 mile range) area.
Is there any interest in motorcycle rallies in general
Is there any interest in MC racing.
Is there any interest in Guzzi rallies.
  (We're all interested, but maybe that should be - would you attend)
Is camping Ok or does it have to be motels.
Would day rides work for some people.
Basically, what would get people out to ride as a group and get to know each other.
Any response is welcome. (except cricket sounds Very Happy )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Planned Events and Rallies Empty Re: Planned Events and Rallies

Post by Nick Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:38 am

Hopefully, in 2020, I would be available in the months of Jan-Feb-Mar-May-Jun-Oct-Nov-Dec cheers
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guzziboy66 Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:42 pm

👍
Guzziboy66
Guzziboy66

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:50 am

Planned Events and Rallies is almost empty.  Before I fill it up with events, that no one is interested in, maybe I could get some input from people on the list.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:56 am

OK this has been on here for a month, over 200 views.
From the response it seems there is no interest in any of the things I listed.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guzziboy66 Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:42 pm

I've told many of you about the annual trip I take to Vermont. This link will take you to the information page. It's managed via eventbrite. Cheers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Guzziboy66
Guzziboy66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:27 pm

Harry, here you go.Speaking for my self I'm very interested in rallies,road trips,motorcycle events and so on.
Unfortunately I don't have 6 weeks vacation or am I retired.I would think this is the issue with most of the guys/people on the list.I hope some day I can get out and ride like you do.
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:51 pm

Mac wrote:Harry, here you go.Speaking for my self I'm very interested in rallies,road trips,motorcycle events and so on.
Unfortunately I don't have 6 weeks vacation or am I retired.I would think this is the issue with most of the guys/people on the list.I hope some day I can get out and ride like you do.
Mike -  I've actually kind of given up.
I actually had a job for many years and a family that went on a two week vacation (with me) every year.   My kids, all four, were active in sports and other kid stuff.  My wife (God bless her) doesn't have any interest in two wheel transportation, she doesn't want to sit on one or even look at one, she puts up with it because it's what I do.
Most of these rallies (and dozens not listed) are Friday to Sunday type deals, many within a six/eight hour ride from our area, some are overnighters. Even with your busy schedule you seem to be able to get away a few weekends a year so it's not impossible.
The only reason I even post the rallies is because I assume (maybe incorrectly) there is someone out there on the list that would like to go to one.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:49 am

As you know I'm not a rally guy, more of a day tripper as it were, but I'm sure others are. Keep the faith and post away. I rather enjoy reading about them and your escapades, even if I don't directly participate.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:59 am

egschade wrote:As you know I'm not a rally guy, more of a day tripper as it were, but I'm sure others are. Keep the faith and post away. I rather enjoy reading about them and your escapades, even if I don't directly participate.

Eric,I think you hit the nail on the head.Most riders I have come across in my 40+ years of riding are Sunday riders,bar hoppers,etc.
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:45 am

Mac wrote:
egschade wrote:As you know I'm not a rally guy, more of a day tripper as it were, but I'm sure others are. Keep the faith and post away. I rather enjoy reading about them and your escapades, even if I don't directly participate.

Eric,I think you hit the nail on the head.Most riders I have come across in my 40+ years of riding are Sunday riders,bar hoppers,etc.

Never understood bar hopping - riding a motorcycle is risky enough but do to it impaired is a death wish. I did touring but my back and shoulder health now limits my saddle time to a couple / three hours max.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:33 pm

I guess you have to define 'impaired'. Smile
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:53 am

To me, impaired is not being 100% (well, maybe 97%) into the ride both physically and mentally. That means very limited if any alcohol, not hurting so much that I'm distracted or too tired to really focus. I can control the first and last things but find that I can't go much past 2 hours w/o things hurting to the point of distraction.

Who knows - maybe this will be the year I do more exercise and drop another 20lbs to help the hurt in my back and shoulders.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:17 pm

As far as a day ride, I haven't ridden Hawk's Nest (Rt 97) north of Pt. Jervis, NY. Last time I did it I rode up through NJ to PJ, took 97 to Lakawaxen then turned around (totally different rides No vs. So).
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:08 pm

chade wrote:As far as a day ride, I haven't ridden Hawk's Nest (Rt 97) north of Pt. Jervis, NY. Last time I did it I rode up through NJ to PJ, took 97 to Lakawaxen then turned around (totally different rides No vs. So).
The Hawks Nest is like the Dragon for Jersey riders.  Six shallow sweepers in one mile.
Here's a pic of me 'at Hawks nest' with my silver and red bike.  Well suited for the road.
The reaction from the Harley guys that were there when we pulled up was classic.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down