MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guzzi Paint

3 posters

Go down

Guzzi Paint Empty Guzzi Paint

Post by egschade Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:15 am

I was able to find a good deal on a front fender and would like to paint it the same color - Giallo Energetico - as the tank. Problem is I have not been able to find that color anywhere. Dealer is going to look but said usually they can only get a large container at considerable cost. One forum post suggested Marigold Yellow from Krylon which I will try on a test plate but my expectations are low. I already have a can of the satin clear coat which IS readily available

Tossing it out there to see if any of your internet sleuths can find the OEM paint - preferably in a spray can.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Guzzi Paint Empty Re: Guzzi Paint

Post by Kev M Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:02 am

I don't suppose the rear fender is the same on the V7III as the MkI V7 is it?

Because IF it is, I've got a spare rear fender in black if you want to repaint it too.

EDIT - checking the OEM parts info on the AF1 website, I'm pretty sure it is the same.

(Can't help with the paint itself).

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:51 am

Most automotive paint distributors can match any paint. It's the place where body shops get their paint. Some also package the paint in spray cans.
I don't know if they will talk to a civilian but it might be worth a try. Better yet if you know someone in the business (my guy is no longer here).
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:05 pm

Kev M wrote:I don't suppose the rear fender is the same on the V7III as the MkI V7 is it? Because IF it is, I've got a spare rear fender in black if you want to repaint it too. EDIT - checking the OEM parts info on the AF1 website, I'm pretty sure it is the same..

I know the front fenders use the same mount but not sure about the rear. Some suggest the Mk3 and V9 are different than the earlier 7's but there's no clear answer so far. Might just be a case of trying it out.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:39 pm

egschade wrote:
Kev M wrote:I don't suppose the rear fender is the same on the V7III as the MkI V7 is it? Because IF it is, I've got a spare rear fender in black if you want to repaint it too. EDIT - checking the OEM parts info on the AF1 website, I'm pretty sure it is the same..

I know the front fenders use the same mount but not sure about the rear. Some suggest the Mk3 and V9 are different than the earlier 7's but there's no clear answer so far. Might just be a case of trying it out.

Part numbers look to be the same, though sometimes one carries an additional identifier.

If you want to check it out though just let me know and we'll figure a time to meet up so I can get it to you.

I think it cost me $25.

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:39 am

Kev M wrote:Part numbers look to be the same, though sometimes one carries an additional identifier.

If you want to check it out though just let me know and we'll figure a time to meet up so I can get it to you. I think it cost me $25.

Let's call it a deal. Worst case is I sell it on if it's not a match. There's no particular rush but I'll look for an opportunity to head in your direction. Will PM with you on arrangements so as not to bore the others...
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:17 am

No problem. Take fender, if it works throw me some cash or buy breakfast eventually. If it doesn't, return it sometime.

I picked it up because it was offered and I figured someone would eventually need it.

It was a take off from a WG board member who installed a fender eliminator kit.

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down