MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seat covers

4 posters

Go down

Seat covers Empty Seat covers

Post by egschade Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:13 am

Does anyone use seat covers on their bikes in bad weather? I used to use one on my Corbin saddle as it was perforated leather and read that getting it soaked was not a good thing. The V85TT saddle is also perforated but I don't see any care instructions or mention of what to do in the rain.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Seat covers Empty Re: Seat covers

Post by mogu83 Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:24 am

I paid $50 for a rain cover for the leather Corbin seat on the Beemer. 140,000 miles, tens of thousands in the rain and left out uncovered at more than a few rallies, it still looks and feels the same as new. I never used the cover.   I did keep it oiled down.
The V85 seat sure looks like it would hold water but I don't see anyone complaining about it on any lists.  I would assume (I know about ass u me) the manufacturer would design the seat so it would repel a reasonable amount of water.  Time will tell.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by 9fingers Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:59 am

I know this is a slightly different approach but my V Strom 650 seat was less than comfortable.....a 45 minute seat. So I spent a whopping $22 ($12 cheaper copies on Amazon) Sit and Fly 3D mesh seat cover. Besides increasing comfort greatly....4 hour seat, or more....owners claim that it allows the user to sit on a wet seat as you basically sit above the water. I haven't had the misfortune to try this feature but it does allow excellent airflow under my naughty bits and bumm. Wont keep your seat dry but will help keep your butt dry. One note: to be fair, at the time I added the cover I also lowered my pegs and that also increased seat comfort by changing the angle of my legs slightly. I am 6'1" and the peg lowering was a game changer, along with the seat cover.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Scott

9fingers

Nick and Guzziboy66 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:29 am

Thanks Scott. I do have a mesh pad for hot weather riding. Am wondering about something to keep the seat dry. Suppose I can stuff my cover in the bags.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam3512 Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:01 am

Jim “King of Fleece” has a company that custom makes waterproof seat covers. He’s a Guzzi guy, and posts on WG and ADV. He lives in upstate NY.
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:26 pm

Thanks Cam but I think he's temporarily stopped business. I'll PM him on WG to see if that still the case.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down