MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MotoPlex (Wide Word West Chester) Has Some Interesting Bikes

+2
Mac
Kev M
6 posters

Go down

MotoPlex (Wide Word West Chester) Has Some Interesting Bikes Empty MotoPlex (Wide Word West Chester) Has Some Interesting Bikes

Post by Kev M Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:51 am

With the announcement that Harley has ended the one Sporty I'd want (the Roadster) and it looking like on the horizon will soon come the end of the platform itself I got thinking about whether or not I'd want one more while I could still get one new or newish. That led me down a rabbit hole while watching an awfully disappointing football game with my wife and drinking beer yesterday.

Imagine my surprise when the first two Harley dealers I checked didn't have one in stock but MotoPlex in WC had one in the right color (white) with only 400 miles on it. affraid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Before I could get the words out of my mouth to Jenn to ask if she minded if I made an outrageously lowball offer on it, I turned the page and found THIS:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I pitched both ideas to Jenn who basically didn't care if I wanted to try and squeeze another bike in the garage, though pointed out my Jeep might have to start spending nights outside sometimes. Though she did say of the two she'd pick the BMW....

I'd really appreciate it if a few guys here would run down there and buy both of them to remove the temptation.

But if not my options are:

* Forget I ever saw them and live blissfully in ignorance

* Run out and make an offer on one or both - figure out how to park one bike on the lift at all times.

* Offer them a 1-2 trade - my RK for both. I would probably regret this, even though the RT would in theory make an excellent long distance bike, I couldn't expect it to really fill the RK shoes in all ways. Still it could be close. I really don't NEED another Sporty in my life, but if this is the end it would be a really nice thing to buy and hang onto.

I just don't see getting rid of anything else in the fleet and I kinda feel like this could be one of my last chances to get either of these bikes. The RT looks (at least online) to be pretty damn clean and could be a long term affair). I can always get another King.... but damn, I spent years pining away for a King so maybe I'd miss it the second it was gone.

Like I said, would someone please go down and buy one or both, PLEASE.

Kev M

Back to top Go down

MotoPlex (Wide Word West Chester) Has Some Interesting Bikes Empty Re: MotoPlex (Wide Word West Chester) Has Some Interesting Bikes

Post by Mac Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:29 am

I think you should buy both of them with one change,sell me the the RK dirt cheap! Then from time to time you can still see the RK and I'll even let you take it for spin Laughing
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

MotoPlex (Wide Word West Chester) Has Some Interesting Bikes Empty Re: MotoPlex (Wide Word West Chester) Has Some Interesting Bikes

Post by Nick Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:54 pm

Trade your Sporty for the new(er) Roadster.
Leave the BMW, keep the RK.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:40 pm

I do like the late model Roadster. Know you like white but I dig the dark red:
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:26 pm

Nick wrote:Trade your Sporty for the new(er) Roadster.

I got rid of the Sporty the summer before last. I had a friend in NM who had expressed interest in it and thought he would appreciate it more than me.

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:27 pm

egschade wrote:I do like the late model Roadster. Know you like white but I dig the dark red:

Ya know I hate red bikes.

And ironically enough my first Sporty was red.

That doesn't look bad though. You take that pic or snag it on the net?

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:25 am

Kev M wrote:
Nick wrote:Trade your Sporty for the new(er) Roadster.

I got rid of the Sporty the summer before last. I had a friend in NM who had expressed interest in it and thought he would appreciate it more than me.

Oooops.......! I would still keep the RK. But, keep in mind, that I seldom sell anyway.
Nick
Nick

Kev M likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:08 am

Kev M wrote:Ya know I hate red bikes.

- Didn't know you hate red bikes - will try to keep that in mind for future posts so as not to offend Laughing
- Snagged the picture off the web - it's a dealer bike w/ after market pipes (of course)

egschade
egschade

Kev M likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:32 am

egschade wrote:
Kev M wrote:Ya know I hate red bikes.

- Didn't know you hate red bikes - will try to keep that in mind for future posts so as not to offend Laughing
- Snagged the picture off the web - it's a dealer bike w/ after market pipes (of course)

It seems that most used bikes must be black or red and I've had a ton of black or red bikes in my life cause I had no choice.

But I don't like black or red as vehicle colors. Never have, though I've settled many a time. I probably like them even less now because of that.

My red Sportster (I was on a list back then, take it or leave it) was repainted a greenish-blue by month 3 of ownership. My black Jackal took a few years but eventually it was white.

But I've had black or red bikes from Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda, BMW, Guzzi, Harley, ick.

My wife doesn't share my sensibilities. Or perhaps subconsciously, or maybe even quite consciously, to spite me seems to buy RED or BLACK bikes (like her current two).

😟

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:09 am

Or both - the Carbon has red valve covers. You much cringe every time you walk past it...
egschade
egschade

Kev M likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:13 am

egschade wrote:Or both - the Carbon has red valve covers. You much cringe every time you walk past it...

EXACTLY - she's EVIL, I'm telling you EVIL.

Look:

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:11 am

Au contraire
Most of my bikes have been black.  When my Valk was new I stopped with my wife for lunch, as we were getting off four 1%er types pulled in and did a walk around my bike (you hardily ever saw one on the road) before they came in.   One walked up to me and said "Is that your Honda out there" I figured 'Oh shit here it comes' , I affirmed and he said "Nice bike, black and chrome makes the women moan". 

Maybe because when I was getting into motorcycles they were all mostly black that had something to do with my affinity for that color..
When I think motorcycle, I see a black Road King, spoked wheels, white walls and a nice sprinkling of chrome (not too much).
Two tone paint doesn't do it for me on a motorcycle, not enough area to make it work.  That puts most of the Jap stuff out of the picture.
Italian bikes have to be red, not some sissy red like BMW uses but a real 'Arrest me red' like Ducati.  I know Eldos and Ambos are Italian bikes, but - really (??) are they cut in the mold of Ducati, Morini, Aprilia, Benelli, Bimota, Gilera, MV Agusta, or Laverda??   I think not.     Therefore they don't have to be red.
That being said, look at my recent purchase.  When some old time friends saw a picture the comments ranged from. "Have you lost your mind" to " your not really going to ride THAT - are you??".  Oh well -there's an ass for every seat and that's my seat.
BTW: I do still own four BLACK bikes.

Just wasting time while trying to get signed up for a Covid shot, so far no luck.
mogu83
mogu83

Kev M likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:42 am

I like the 'Euro only' red V85 (and not because it looks like Jenn's monster)

Last edited by egschade on Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:11 pm

Kev,I did a Kawasaki KZ1000LTD years ago.Painted the frame red and blacked out everything else. Right up your alley!
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:10 am

A sincere thank you to whoever bought ALL THREE bikes from Moto Plex in which I was interested. The BMW and both of the Roadsters appear to be gone!

Now I can start thinking about doing stupid things when the 2021's arrive. clown

Kev M

Mac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:27 am

Kev,Cross Country has a almost new Roadster for sale! Evil or Very Mad
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:37 am

Mac wrote:Kev,Cross Country has a almost new Roadster for sale! Evil or Very Mad

bounce       Twisted Evil        Evil or Very Mad         Twisted Evil         Evil or Very Mad             bom

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by MADMIKE Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:41 am

Kev, what was the year and mileage on that RT ??
MADMIKE
MADMIKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:45 am

MADMIKE wrote:Kev, what was the year and mileage on that RT ??

Don't remember off the top of my head - last year or second to last year of production maybe, and uhhhh, maybe I remember 50k miles maybe less.

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by MADMIKE Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:10 pm

Thanks Kev- always keeping an eye out for those- they fit my frame mounted fairing needs in such a Germanically styled way!
MADMIKE
MADMIKE

Kev M likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down