MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airport Cafes

4 posters

Go down

Airport Cafes Empty Airport Cafes

Post by mogu83 Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:06 pm

Today went to Cam's favorite bar (Mott's Creek) with about 30 Harley guys/gals.  Looks like they renovated the place and are putting in a new bulkhead.  Would be nice if they paved the parking lot.  Riding down there with them was torturous,they go out through Chatsworth and down through the pines making a 60 mile trip out of a 25 mile trip although we did hit 60 MPH a few times.   To them it's all about how many bikes are on the 'RUN', something I can't figure out.  But they do go out to lunch every week and usually a bunch show up, good bunch of folk even if they do dress like pirates and cowboys.

Last weekend I found the P-47 museum at Millville Airport.  Strangely they didn't have a P-47 on the premises but a large collection of artifacts from the WWII era when the field was used to train P-47 pilots.  I wanted to try the cafe next to the museum but it was closed (death in the family) so instead I hit the Apron Cafe in the Hammonton Airport on the way home, always a good choice.  Even stranger was later in the week a P-47 landed in my local airport to have some work done on it.   BTW: The Route 54 dinner is closed - again.

Later this week or weekend I'm planning on checking out the WWII Victory Museum in Lumberton ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) at The South Jersey Regional Airport and the cafe also at the airport.   Located just Northwest of the Flying W.  Could go on Saturday if someone is interested in going.

Last edited by mogu83 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Airport Cafes Empty Re: Airport Cafes

Post by Kev M Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:32 am

Harley group rides are definitely their own phenomena. I think it's part group think and part 1% fantasy. On the group think side they probably present a feeling of security to many of the participants.

But like you said at least they're out there regularly. And hell I'll often take the long way somewhere too.

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:34 pm

Today I went to the South Jersey Regional Airport to check out the cafe.   Nice place although you aren't as close to the runway as Sky Manor or Flying W.  The food is decent (Breakfast and lunch) and prices are standard, I had an omelet that was very good.  A side note, the home fries (they call them) are kind of weird, think of a cross between a potato chip and scalloped potatoes, different but good. Small, they look like they could seat 25/30- people so popping in with 6/10 wouldn't be a problem they have two tables set up for six.  Fairly decent rural roads in the area, most people should be able to find a nice way there - or slab it if your in a hurry.
The museum is open from Wednesday to Sunday 10AM till 4PM so I didn't get to go in.  At $5 admission ($4 seniors) it likely will be worth a visit, once you've been to the Air Force museum in Dayton everything is a sideshow..

No pictures, I left my camera home. I actually left for lunch with the Harley guys (45 bikes) I lasted about 15 miles and couldn't stand it, so I cut off and figured I'd check out this location.

Museum Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guzziboy66 Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:25 pm

Sounds doable. Thanks for the info Harry.
Guzziboy66
Guzziboy66

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:03 pm

Looks like a cool place and decent 90min ride.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:02 pm

Got back out there on Friday when the museum was open.  Decent collection of aircraft and military memorabilia.  Maybe not worth a trip just to see (if you don't have any interest in this stuff) but would work in conjunction with lunch in the cafe, which didn't disappoint again.  Found interesting way there and back.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guzziboy66 Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:53 pm

Cool!
Guzziboy66
Guzziboy66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content