MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian of Monmouth dropped MG?

5 posters

Go down

Indian of Monmouth dropped MG? Empty Indian of Monmouth dropped MG?

Post by egschade Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:14 pm

After our morning talk I went on the Indian of Monmouth website and all references to Moto Guzzi have been removed as has their inventory of bikes. On a hunch I went to Flemington Powersports [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and they have 15 new and 1 used MG in inventory including two V100s (White and Navale).

Makes one wonder if Piaggio pulled - or IoM dropped - the MG franchise.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Indian of Monmouth dropped MG? Empty Re: Indian of Monmouth dropped MG?

Post by Cam3512 Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:40 am

Wouldn’t surprise me if they bailed on Guzzi. Most do. That’s why it’s so important to support dealers like Hamlin’s, now a Guzzi only shop.
Cam3512
Cam3512

Guzziboy66 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ff73148 Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:38 pm

So now the question is, can Flemington Powersports do service on a MG?
ff73148
ff73148

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:50 pm

I'm going to get over there this week if possible to meet the svc mgr and hopefully general mg to see how committed they are to MG.
egschade
egschade

Guzziboy66 and ff73148 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AAAltered Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:08 am

I stopped into Indian of Monmouth to inquire about mapping updates on my V7-850.
No more Guzzi was the reply.
He told me that spares supply issues was killing them, they could no longer tell customers there is a long (weeks and months) wait for some parts, and they were sick of raiding bikes on the floor for parts, making them unsellable for a long period.
Dunno if that’s the whole story, hopefully I will not need service. Warrantee still has 8 months left. I can do my own valve adjustment and fluid changes.

AAAltered

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:45 am

Go to Hamlin's in Bristol CT or try Flemington Power Sport who is now owned by Blackman Cycles
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:23 pm

AAAltered wrote:I stopped into Indian of Monmouth to inquire about mapping updates on my V7-850.  
No more Guzzi was the reply.
He told me that spares supply issues was killing them, they could no longer tell customers there is a long (weeks and months) wait for some parts, and they were sick of raiding bikes on the floor for parts, making them unsellable for a long period.
Dunno if that’s the whole story, hopefully I will not need service.  Warrantee still has 8 months left.  I can do my own valve adjustment and fluid changes.

This is what will kill Guzzi. Long time Guzzi owners know what their dealing with, but the new people can't believe the lack of parts supply or the lack of quality service. The company makes a big deal about the first time Guzzi buyers, but if the service and parts situation doesn't improve they will be one time Guzzi buyers, and the will bad mouth Guzzi to anyone that will listen. We're starting to see low mileage V85s for sale and when asked some sellers mention lack of competent service and replacement parts.
I recently thought I needed a part, small item ( $10 relay) but used across the Piaggio line (Vespa, Guzzi and Aprilia) and for at least ten years. No one had one in stock and only one offered to order one from Italy (no guarantee on delivery date). For example our V85s have two of these relays in it.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:01 pm

Which relay? Maybe I should order one now before I need it.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:33 pm

AP8224462 two of them on upper right side frame rail. Don't look like relays I've ever seen. Thought that was my problem - but no. If you ever need one (unlikely) I have one.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down