MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Go down

New Member Empty New Member

Post by Majord04 Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:18 pm

Just got approved. Thank you.  Looking forward to meeting’riding

Majord04

Back to top Go down

New Member Empty Re: New Member

Post by Nick Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:20 pm

Welcome aboard!
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

New Member Empty Seeking 2013+ California 1400 Touring / Selling 2011Triumph Thunderbird ABS 1600

Post by Majord04 Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:03 pm

Thanks Nick. Just as an intro... I am a retired Army major who recently fell in love with MG and I'm actively seeking a California 1400 Touring. I like the 2014-15 choices but I am open to others. I have seen a few on Cycle Trader but they are kinda far (outside NJ).  If anyone knows of a nice example for sale at a decent price please let me know...I have to sell my 2011 Triumph Thunderbird 1600 ABS first or trade it in for a Guzzi.

If anyone owns one and wants to fill me in on the quirks, upside/downside that would be great...I cannot afford many surprises!

Majord04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:13 am

There's a VERY nice one in CT. (EDIT - it's a Custom not a Touring, but you could always add bags, and frankly I think there are better bags than the OEM touring ones like the Hepco&Becker C-Bows - the Strykers would look awesome on this, but for that price you could add the OEM ones too. Besides, I think the word was that the Customs had better suspension anyway).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's on consignment at Hamlin's

Mercury Grey, 14,337 miles, original owner, always garaged. Includes Touring windshield, engine guards, luggage rack, cruise control, heated grips. $7,500.

On consignment at Hamlin Cycles, Bethel CT. 203 942-2232

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(Looks like Hamlin's might not have gotten the latest price reduction from the owner - no worries I'm sure the bike and price is good).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:30 am

Jim Hamlin at Hamlin Cycles is also a Triumph guy so he might (only might) be interested in doing some sort of a deal. Easy going nice type guy, should be easy to deal with.
just sayin,
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Majord04 Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:37 am

Thank you very much for this thoughtful reply Mogu83...Yes if he takes my Triumph that would be a good thing...

Majord04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:08 am

Well, I don't THINK he's a doesn't appear to be a Triumph dealer anymore and the bike is there on consignment, so I can't imagine he would take a trade (that would be remarkable), but the answer to the unasked question is always NO.

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:53 pm

Welcome Major! My son is currently a Major in the 4th Infantry Support Battalion out it Ft. Collins. I'm not too far away in Basking Ridge.

Nearest Guzzi dealer is Indian/MG of Wayne. Bought my V7 III there. Sales mgr Brian seems like a pretty decent guy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:46 pm

Majord04 wrote:Nick wants to stop this thread and move it to discussions so let's chill till he catches up.  Thanks for the INFO.

FYI, Nick had already moved it and deleted his post when I posted that.

But Harry has it right.... Twisted Evil

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down