MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Ridge Parkway North to Floyd VA

5 posters

Go down

Blue Ridge Parkway North to Floyd VA Empty Blue Ridge Parkway North to Floyd VA

Post by Nick Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:53 pm

Here is my first attempt at using my GoPro Hero 7. Had to add music for audio because the wind noise was annoying. Will try to capture the Guzzi's music next time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nick
Nick

Guzziboy66 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Blue Ridge Parkway North to Floyd VA Empty Re: Blue Ridge Parkway North to Floyd VA

Post by mogu83 Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:44 pm

Very Nice.  Is it mounted on your helmet???
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Blue Ridge Parkway North to Floyd VA Empty Re: Blue Ridge Parkway North to Floyd VA

Post by Nick Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:04 pm

Yes, on the right side. Doing some research on the best way to record sound. And it looks like you need a stand alone recorder and then during editing you need to merge both files. Just got the recorder, but have not tried it out yet. It's way more involved then I thought. Thank God Maria helps me out Wink
I also just realized that if you post direct-to-Facebook (instead of using the youtube link), the video quality sucks. Oh well.....live and learn
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Blue Ridge Parkway North to Floyd VA Empty Blue Ridge Parkway

Post by Guzziblake Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:38 am

Nice video! It was nice to see the speedo, tach and gps as you rode. I subscribed to your channel and will look forward to more videos,

Guzziblake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:48 am

Very cool!
Where did your travels take you?
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:51 am

I had a good plan, but was unable to tent camp in Michigan, so I had to alter it a bit. Here is a rough map of it. It was a bitch to plan (I always said that I did not envy Laura for all her planning).

3,717 miles in 8 riding days. Did some interstates, but mostly state and county roads. Camped every night. The Guzzi behaved beautifully. After this Covid thing, it was nice to get out there and enjoy the time riding.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:09 am

mogu83
mogu83

Nick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 9fingers Sun May 30, 2021 9:35 am

Nick wrote:Here is my first attempt at using my GoPro Hero 7. Had to add music for audio because the wind noise was annoying. Will try to capture the Guzzi's music next time.

I was in Floyd last June on my solo BRP trip, from Charlottesville to Asheville and back, on my Royal Enfield. Floyd is a cool little town and the Floyd Hotel one of my faves, and the music circle in the general store is a hoot.
But virtually the whole town was closed due to Covid, which I assume you encountered as well. A shame cause it is fun and it was lifeless when I was there. Took a lot of the fun out of my trip. Next time! I also got a GoPro for Christmas but have not had the nerve to try it out..........gotta embrace the tech......
Scott

9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac Sun May 30, 2021 12:25 pm

I went through Floyd last October coming out of Willville closing weekend. It was early morning so I couldn't say if anything was open then.
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum