MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Reasons to Love Motorcycle Camping

5 posters

Go down

5 Reasons to Love Motorcycle Camping Empty 5 Reasons to Love Motorcycle Camping

Post by Nick Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:24 am

Nice youtube video.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

5 Reasons to Love Motorcycle Camping Empty Re: 5 Reasons to Love Motorcycle Camping

Post by mogu83 Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:36 am

Go motorcycle camping they said --- it'll be fun they said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Elefantentreffen in Bavaria going on since the mid 50's.

My love for motorcycle camping goes without saying.  Some of the situations I've been in were less than ideal, like the Bike Week Guzzi rally when it rained for eight days.  Many were spectacular, too many to list, a lot were mundane, but they all made fun campfire stories down the road.   The ones involving,rain,bugs,floods, ungodly heat, freezing cold, various large (sometimes angry) animals become interesting points of remembrance when gone over with people that suffered thru them with you.  They also cement a bond that will last for years.

It saddens me that this kind of motorcycle activity is fading away, but it appears people today don't want to put themselves in what 'could' become an uncomfortable situation.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

5 Reasons to Love Motorcycle Camping Empty Re: 5 Reasons to Love Motorcycle Camping

Post by Nick Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:03 pm

In 2013 some of us went to the BMW Cass Rally in WV (Memorial Weekend). The day we got there was beautiful.

During the night the temps dropped and dropped ‘till they reached 25-27 deg. I have never been so cold in my life. When I got out of the tent the next morning, here is what my tent and bike looked like, covered in frost!!

Thank God the Blakes found a motel room and lent me their “comforter” for the next night.

Now I look at videos of the Elefantentreffen and Agnellotreffen and think that it may not have been "that cold" Wink
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Nick wrote:In 2013 some of us went to the BMW Cass Rally in WV (Memorial Weekend). The day we got there was beautiful.
As I said some you remember because their not so pleasant.  I remember THAT one, in fact I think John Alden's digital thermometer showed 22°, it's the reason why we moved a few hundred miles South to the ROK rally on Memorial Day.  I camped in a snow/ice storm in the mountains  South of Yellowstone (in July) and it only got to 28°.  Both make good campfire stories when it comes around to the 'do you remember' time of night.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:22 pm

Maaaaaayyyyybe if I had a rig like this with a Tempur Pedic inside.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:50 pm

Last time I went camping was a Havasu Canyon. 4 nights full of heat, scorpions, good people and fantastic scenery. No motorcycle except the Harley I rented afterward to cruise the Grand Canyon & Sedona.

egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam3512 Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:18 pm

Nick wrote:In 2013 some of us went to the BMW Cass Rally in WV (Memorial Weekend). The day we got there was beautiful.

During the night the temps dropped and dropped ‘till they reached 25-27 deg. I have never been so cold in my life. When I got out of the tent the next morning, here is what my tent and bike looked like, covered in frost!!

Thank God the Blakes found a motel room and lent me their “comforter” for the next night.

Now I look at videos of the Elefantentreffen and Agnellotreffen and think that it may not have been "that cold" Wink

Funny, the Blake’s lent me a blanket when I was one of 2 campers at the WV rally several years ago. 25*, and it saved my bacon. I think Laura now packs one on her mule for such an occasion.
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:56 am

Talk about frigid conditions? sunny
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:07 pm

Nick wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Talk about frigid conditions? sunny

While I would likely survive such an event I can say with complete certainty I would NOT enjoy it.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:34 am

Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:29 am

That's why I go to Virginia in June,no snow or freezing temps.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:10 am

Nick wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The above is ALMOST as weird as this::

mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:21 am

Like Ralph Kramden used to say: You are a riot Harry!!!!

BTW Thanks for the picture. I do not have any of that tent. If you have any more send it to me (or post it). I'm thinking of using that tent again this year on some one night stays

Last edited by Nick on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:28 am

Nick wrote:Like Ralph Kramden used to say: You are a riot Harry!!!!

BTW Thanks for the picture. I do not have any of that tent. If you have any more send it to me (or post it). I'm thinking of using that tent again this year on some one night stays.

Where was that? Nova Scotia?

2013 Salty Fog.  That's the only picture I have of the luxurious sleeping accommodation.  For a very reasonable fee I'll delete the post and destroy all digital evidence.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:35 am

Thanks!
I only have this one

But I like yours since you can see the tent a little more
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:13 pm

Mac wrote:That's why I go to Virginia in June,no snow or freezing temps.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Typical Guzzi rally where the older and wiser members expound on subjects of National and International interest and the younger members attentively listen.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down