MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very unique experience

3 posters

Go down

Very unique experience Empty Very unique experience

Post by mogu83 Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:17 pm

Ok all you long distance riders, here's something that is very very rare, three major rallies all within 125 miles of each other.  In Oregon first the BMW National in Redmond, then the BMW Chief Joseph rally in John Day then the Guzzi in John Day at same location.  You could likely go to Chief Joseph and leave your tent in the same spot for the Guzzi rally.
I had convinced myself that the in between week was a problem --- now this news.    I'm rethinking.
BMW National-----------6/13-16
Chief Joseph -----------6/20-23
Guzzi National-----------6/27-29
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Very unique experience Empty Re: Very unique experience

Post by egschade Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:07 pm

Sounds like it would be a pretty epic 3 weeks. I'll be headed out to Oregon 2nd week of July for the Guzzi Experience.

This isn't the actual route but the daily locations are correct. There will be dirt/gravel riding for some portion of the ride.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Guzziblake Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:29 am

Dwight and I are headed to Oregon/Washington/N. Ca for about 5 weeks. We will trailer out, park the car in storage and then ride. We won’t make the MOA, but plan to go to Chief Joseph and Guzzi National.
This winter was awful, so many reasons beyond weather, and I can’t wait for riding and rallies.
Laura

Guzziblake

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:33 am

I hate to admit this, but in deference to my age (and maybe the lack of a high speed, long range bike) I think my cross country blitzing might be at an end. Trailering is an option, but I don't want to go there. Somehow the idea of a person with fourscore years on the clock, riding alone on some backroad in Kansas in the hundred degree heat, doesn't seem like a good idea. I like the long rides but I'm not stupid.
No major health problems, have a good ride, I'll miss riding with the two of you.
I might show up at the thing in Romney, if the weather is decent.
mogu83
mogu83

Guzziboy66 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum