MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V7 III Horn

3 posters

Go down

V7 III Horn Empty V7 III Horn

Post by cjcampo61 Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:17 pm

The horn on my V7 III Stone is anemic. Does anyone know of a good replacement horn that is LOUD and can actually be heard by other motorists? I want it to sound like a locomotive. An aftermarket horn will probably not fit in the spot where the stock horn is mounted (between the front frame down tubes just beneath the steering neck).
CC
cjcampo61
cjcampo61

Back to top Go down

V7 III Horn Empty Re: V7 III Horn

Post by egschade Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:19 pm

A compact snail horn should fit in there. Go with a relay to power the horn and original wiring to trigger it. I'll post a picture if I can find one.

egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:22 am

Back in the day I used to always put a Fiamm blaster on my bikes, but they are a little bulky.

https://www.amazon.com/FIAMM-72112-Freeway-Blaster-Note/dp/B000DINKPQ

I've not bothered in later years so I really can't say about fit on either of our V7s.

I tried putting one on my wife's Monster when she got it (in 2011) and it didn't fit behind the shroud where the horn mounts, so I actually wound up with an accessory loud horn from Harley marketed for Sportsters at the time. It's better than stock but not as good as a Fiamm. Still it gives me warm and fuzzies knowing there's a "genuine" bar and shield labelled part on her beloved Duc.

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:21 am

Here's the single horn I used on the V7. Put the pair set on the V85TT

SEINECA Snail Car Horn Waterproof Horn for Motorcycle Pickup RV SUV MPV Van Electric scooter Electric mopeds. https://a.co/d/562WwKJ
egschade
egschade

Kev M likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum