MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's everyone up to?

+3
Guzziboy66
mogu83
egschade
7 posters

Go down

What's everyone up to? Empty What's everyone up to?

Post by egschade Mon May 22, 2023 11:07 am

Hi Gang,

The board has been particularly quiet the past few weeks with seemingly little interest in monthly rides. We've heard that Kev is in soccer hell but what about everyone else? Any projects or planned rides? How does the June ride suggestion sound?
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

What's everyone up to? Empty Re: What's everyone up to?

Post by mogu83 Mon May 22, 2023 4:23 pm

I'm going to, the BMWMOA national. The Adirondacks, the PA rally, Last chance rally, Vermont (BMW) rally, the BMWRA rally, the not really a rally Virginia rally, either Laconia or the AMA flat track in NY and have to squeeze a trip to Willville in somewhere. Had a little medical issue the first half of the year and didn't ride, they (medical community) tried to kill me but it didn't work.
I'm entering my old and decrepit stage so I can't ride as much as you young guys, but I try.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guzziboy66 Mon May 22, 2023 7:44 pm

I'm going to VT right after Memorial day. My Son graduates HS this year and we are having a graduation party for him on 6/24, so I've got a full slate of yard work and general cleanup to get ready for the party. Had a wedding to go to this past weekend too...
Guzziboy66
Guzziboy66

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Mon May 22, 2023 9:07 pm

As for myself my son and I started work on the LeMans. Just had a weekend away in Hilton Head with family and have a wedding this weekend but should still be able to get out for a 1/2 day ride. June is a Father's Day weekend trip with family again then end of month is the Guzzi Experience ride in Montana.

I do expect to make the June 11th group ride to Princeton Bikes & Breakfast event so hope to see some of you there.
egschade
egschade

Guzziboy66 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac Mon May 22, 2023 9:28 pm

My weekends are up at the campground in the Catskills.I get out and ride around every weekend up there.No rally's planned as of now.
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Tue May 23, 2023 8:41 am

Mac wrote:My weekends are up at the campground in the Catskills.I get out and ride around every weekend up there.No rally's planned as of now.
If I was to pick only one it would be the Adirondack rally (Guzzi). I go up through Vermont, take the ferry across to Fort Ticonderoga, West through Lake Placid, west to Saranac Lake then North to the rally. A long but nice ride. Coming home I take RT30 to the Catskills and stop in a German resort (Crystal Brook), then back to Rt30 and South to Hancock, NY, then South along the Delaware and home.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by MADMIKE Wed May 24, 2023 11:06 am

Hopefully heading to the MOA. That will most likely be my claim to fame this year. Lots of commuter miles though. Two bikes in the fleet have past the 100,000 mile mark ( Roadglide and the R100GS)
MADMIKE
MADMIKE

Back to top Go down

Post by 9fingers Wed May 24, 2023 1:48 pm

I've been doing overnights (1 or 2 nights) to Andes, in the Catskills, and am heading up Friday for a one nighter. Then 2 nights at the Jampot Rallye in East Durham on the 16th and 17th. 6 or 7 days in the Adirondacks and VT beginning of September. And the BRP down from Charlottesville to Asheville, in late October. Plus probably a 4 day out to Alleghany St Park, to visit that Kinzua Sky way bridge to nowhere. And local stuff all the other weekends, Narrowsburg, West Point, Blairstown, etc. Eric, I am up for a ride anytime........just let me know.
Scott

9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Tue May 30, 2023 9:57 am

Stopped by the military cemetery yesterday while out putting on some miles, figuring there might be a ceremony going on, there wasn't.   However it was impressive to see all the flags lined up, well done to the Boy Scout troops that were still putting them up when I got there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BTW: That's my bike parked by the tree on the right.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Tue May 30, 2023 11:16 am

Thanks for sharing Harry. Memorial Day is a mixed bag around here. We're neighbors and good friends (sons were classmates in HS) with a Gold Star family Through them and my Army son I see the sadness of of the day.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam3512 Tue May 30, 2023 1:14 pm

mogu83 wrote:Stopped by the military cemetery yesterday while out putting on some miles, figuring there might be a ceremony going on, there wasn't.   However it was impressive to see all the flags lined up, well done to the Boy Scout troops that were still putting them up when I got there.

BTW: That's my bike parked by the tree on the right.

Which cemetery Harry, the one just out west off 70? My grandfather is buried there.
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Tue May 30, 2023 3:33 pm

The one just a little North of New Egypt, on the secret back road to Allentown. My parents and an aunt and uncle are there (I dropped my DD214 off a few months ago to reserve a spot).
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guzziboy66 Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:16 am

I'm in VT. My daughter and I rode up to the islands in Lake Champlain
Guzziboy66
Guzziboy66

Nick, mogu83, Mac and 9fingers like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum