MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And then there were 3

2 posters

Go down

And then there were 3 Empty And then there were 3

Post by Kev M Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:50 pm

For those of you who don't make it over to ADVrider.

I started to realize last year that I simply don't have a current lifestyle that supports long rides away from the family and that splitting my time between my 2 bikes and my wife's 2 bikes meant nothing was really getting ridden enough. Maybe more importantly I realized that Harleys are gold right now and mine was a BIG damn bike to have just sitting there.

So I listed it last fall for an aggressive number (more than I'd paid for it) and it just left for its new home in Syracuse a few minutes ago.

I hope the new owner loves it even more than I did.

Looks like my wife officially has more motorcycles than me again. And I'm gonna split my time between her and my V7s for a year or so.

It's the first time in decades I'm without a Harley. Guess I'm nothing but a Guzzi guy again.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kev M

Nick, Guzziboy66 and Jimbo like this post

Back to top Go down

And then there were 3 Empty Re: And then there were 3

Post by egschade Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:25 pm

Sounds like you had a difficult time letting it go but at lease you were well compensated, and look how much more space you have in the garage for all that fine Italian machinery..
egschade
egschade

Kev M likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:37 am

egschade wrote:Sounds like you had a difficult time letting it go but at lease you were well compensated, and look how much more space you have in the garage for all that fine Italian machinery..

That's all fair to say.

Yeah, my favorite bike of all time was my 96 RK that I bought new, put a ton of miles on a 2.5 years and then foolishly sold when I was about to have my first kid (the eldest who is hopefully graduating from college finally this year). I chased the memory of that bike for 20 years and compared everything I owned to it.

Buying this new RK 6 years ago set me free. I loved this new bike and honestly it did every single thing better than the first one - except one thing. It was even BIGGER than the first (by ~100#) and one of the best features of this bike (the Police seat with the 32" seat height) made that even worse. The biggest problem was time and space. I didn't have the time to really escape on it like I wanted to, and space in the garage was tight as hell.

So selling it has set me free. I had it, it was great, but I don't need it now.

I'm gonna try hard to NOT buy anything else for a while (since that would introduce the same problems of time and space, even if the bike was a little smaller/lighter).

Though I'd be lying if I didn't say I was casually looking at a new R9T (in blue/white) or a Lowrider S (in white).

But I've promised myself I'm going to try and just ride the V7s for AT LEAST a year and see how it goes.

I've got a bunch of goodies inbound for the V7III - C-bow racks, new design C-Bow bags and liners, and a centerstand! That should help keep my interest for a while.

We'll see. I'm still gonna go shopping, I mean how much fun is it to walk into a dealer knowing I can write a check for anything I want, but then to walk back out thinking "I don't have to".

Fingers crossed that goes well. Besides, who knows, maybe Guzzi will introduce a version of something else I want by then.

Kev M

Guzziboy66 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:42 am

I feel the same way about the Griso I had. It's funny how you can become emotionally attached with an inanimate object. I haven't 'bonded' with the V65 or Le Mans the way I have with the V85 which I see as my 'forever' bike.

We'll see if that sentiment holds up after the Experience ride on the V100. I am a serial monogamist when it comes to motorcycles...
egschade
egschade

Kev M and Guzziboy66 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum