MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BMW 650LS in CT

+2
mogu83
egschade
6 posters

Go down

BMW 650LS in CT Empty BMW 650LS in CT

Post by egschade Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:13 pm

For $4K it looks like a nice bike. Is this as rare as stated?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

BMW 650LS in CT Empty Re: BMW 650LS in CT

Post by mogu83 Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:32 pm

The R65Ls isn't exceptionally rare, nor is it a particularly sort after bike in Beemer land (IMHO).  It's actually a smaller frame that the regular boxer from the period, that you don't notice till you ride it.
  The Beemer I'm keeping an eye out for is the K75S, a fine example of an early water cooled BMW and a bulletproof short distance ride.   One of the guys in the New Sweden club has an exceptional one in black (my Color).   I hope he doesn't put it up for sale as I've reached the quota of Beemers in the garage.

mogu83
mogu83

royaloilfield and JoeA like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MADMIKE Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:15 pm

Hans Muth designed the R65Ls along with the Suzuki Katana. You can see a bit of resemblance between the two bikes in terms of styling. I met him in PA during a celebration on the R80GS- another one of his styling efforts in addition to the R90RS. He went into detail his decisions that led to the final lines of the R65LS. He chopped side panels and louvered them to give the bike "lift". Another example is the fuel tank. He had several inches on the bottom of the tank painted black giving the illusion of less mass even though that's a pretty big tank.
MADMIKE
MADMIKE

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeA Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:55 pm

Have to say it is a sharp looking bike. After getting a chance to ride one years ago it is a slow poky bike too. My son is also keeping an eye out for a red K75s also

JoeA

royaloilfield likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:10 pm

$3900 K75 in black: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:03 am

I had one in my garage for a year or two. Belonged to a buddy. He bought it from the original owner with 75k or so miles on it. The original owner took his honeymoon on it and it had already been in every contiguous state TWICE when my buddy bought it. I used to take it for spins to keep it, fresh... ya know, do him a favor and all that.

Kev M

Guzziboy66 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 9fingers Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:41 pm

I had a deposit on a fine K75S, 2 years ago, at a dealership down in Philly. If I recall it was low mileage, in quite nice condition and they were asking $2,600. I guess I should have bought it but after going down there to see it, that idiots didn't bother to clean the thick layer of dust off it..........it had been there for a while. And the showroom was FULL OF SMOKE! The idiot sales guy tells me there were able to get it running.............I got my money back. But I understand that if you leave a K75S on the side stand, oil builds up in the left cylinder and when you get it started the clouds of smoke are normal. It was red and quite a looker. And for $2.600 I don't really think I could go wrong. But I didn't love it. And if I bought it I probably would not have a V7III Special. Now I remember, bars were way too low and changing them required changing cables, wiring, etc........too much trouble for me to bother with as I had enough projects.
Scott[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

9fingers

Kev M likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:01 am

Took a look in CycleTrader. This owner is selling his K75S because he bought a Guzzi. Needs some work but I believe I heard $2000 in the video.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:03 am

Harry - here's a black one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I'll be happy to let you store one of your bikes off your at my house to make room Razz

egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum