MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lunch place near Bear Mountain?

3 posters

Go down

lunch place near Bear Mountain? Empty lunch place near Bear Mountain?

Post by 9fingers Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:50 am

I know you guys are almost all down south but most of you have been riding way longer than I have. Any suggestions for a lunch spot in the Bear Mountain bridge area? I once followed one of my riding buddies and we found some awesome mountain roads and a BBQ spot out in the middle of nowhere pretty high up in the area but neither of us know the name of the place or the road it was on. I rode 7 Lakes Drive through Harriman State Park 2 weeks ago and it was so fantastic I need to do it again this weekend, but want to eat! Thanks,
Scott

9fingers

Back to top Go down

lunch place near Bear Mountain? Empty Re: lunch place near Bear Mountain?

Post by egschade Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:09 am

Have not been myself but my wife says there are several good eateries in Cold Spring including Doug's and Texas Roundup BBQ. Wouldn't mind going if I can make the schedule work but it won't be this weekend.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:05 am

Naturally, The Bear Mountain Inn Rt( South of the circle), in Cold Spring most of the places are café type deals  used to be a nice restaurant at the end of Main St, by the river but it's gone (even the building is gone).  Just South of where the Seven Lakes Drive comes out on Rt 17 is Rhodes Tavern a popular biker place.
If you go to Bear Mountain, consider going back to Seven Lakes drive then Rt106 West to 17A and Greenwood Lake.  Most of the places I went to are gone but I'm sure some restaurants are still open (at least on weekends).
I used to hang out in the Cove Castel ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) on the East side of the lake right near the NJ State line.   Was there last summer and it's a decent place with good food.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by 9fingers Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:01 pm

Yes I do 106 and 17a and it is great fun. Thanks for the tips. Probably doing it again Saturday with a buddy in tow but I would do that ride anytime if you want to go Eric.

Scott

9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:55 am

A little off topic but relevant for this weekend: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bikes & Breakfast Palisades NY  November 7
Sunday, November 7, 2021     8:00 AM 11:05 AM
9W MARKET 243 Route 9W Palisades, NY, 10964

I put a lot of miles on in that area, two up with the wife in what seems like a lifetime ago.  Riding with the 'Dirty Dozen' MC social club ( Rolling Eyes ) during the late 60s early 70s (till the wedding band went on  Very Happy ).    Looks like good event but, a tough place to get to from South Jersey.  Looks like the same group that does the Orlando's thing on the second Sunday (11-14 this month).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Funny back then no one took took a bunch of pictures, maybe because you only got 24 pictures on a 35mm roll and less in the more common cameras.  This is a rare picture of my BSA taken at some family function when I rolled it out of the garage. No pictures of the two road bikes I owned prior to that.   I went to Woodstock, without a camera because I didn't think it would grow to be such a big deal. Something I'll always regret.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by 9fingers Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:49 pm

I was on 9W today and up in the Cornwall area, as well as lots of other places. Great place in Sugarloaf NY, the Tap House. I need to go by car so I can enjoy a beer or two.
Scott

9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:42 pm

9fingers wrote:I was on 9W today and up in the Cornwall area, as well as lots of other places. Great place in Sugarloaf NY, the Tap House. I need to go by car so I can enjoy a beer or two.
Scott
I heard that there are people in this group that will actually stop for a beer on a ride. This is against MSF guidelines, I've been told.
mogu83
mogu83

Guzziboy66 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 9fingers Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:30 pm

I know lots of guys have no problem with a beer on a ride. I need ALL my freken senses when I ride, so no booze for me till I get home.
Scott

9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:55 pm

9fingers wrote:I know lots of guys have no problem with a beer on a ride. I need ALL my freken senses when I ride, so no booze for me till I get home.
Scott
Anyone that has a problem with someone else not drinking (whatever the circumstance) is the one with a problem.
BTW: One of the most interesting things about camping and sitting around the campfire after a days ride and lifting a few, are the conversations that come up. I've had some doozies, but important thing is we all went to breakfast together in the morning.
mogu83
mogu83

Guzziboy66 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down