MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Butt comfort

5 posters

Go down

Butt comfort Empty Butt comfort

Post by egschade Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:38 pm

The ride to NH will be my first 2+ hour in many years. The comfort saddle I have is pretty good but I do start to feel it after a couple hours. Would you long distance veterans suggest I see how things go then pull out the Airhawk if needed or am I better off starting the ride with it?
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Butt comfort Empty Re: Butt comfort

Post by Guzziboy66 Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:47 pm

Advil.
Guzziboy66
Guzziboy66

Back to top Go down

Post by wfdudley Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:36 pm

Airhawk. Buy it on Ebay. The "Medium Cruiser" seems to fit my butt and all my bikes.

Bill Dudley
71 Ambassador
93 SPIII
wfdudley
wfdudley

http://www.dudley.nu, www.r90s.info, www.dvnr.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam3512 Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:56 pm

Bill Dudley resurfaces out of nowhere and responds to a post about “Butt Comfort”?

Where u been buddy? Welcome back.

Cam
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

Post by wfdudley Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:12 pm

I haven't gone anywhere. I just don't see you guys because you don't have a mailing list to announce breakfast or lunch events. Glad to hear from you, Cam; I'd wondered how you were.
wfdudley
wfdudley

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:00 am

Maybe the lack of a mailing list is why people don't show for breakfasts/lunch.
As far as the seat, obviously it's not the seat, as people put hundreds of miles on that seat.   Ride till it hurts, get off, have a coffee, walk around and get back on.  I've found that standing up ( on the pegs) to shake out your butt sometimes isn't always a Good idea because it hurts. worse when you sit back down.  Better to take a real break.  Keep pushing the comfort zone and in a few months you'll be pounding down 12 hour days.

Last edited by mogu83 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam3512 Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:05 am

I use an Alaska sheepskin for the butt burners.
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:19 am

Cam3512 wrote:I use an Alaska sheepskin for the butt burners.
Yes they work, I have one somewhere. Problem with sheepskin is if you get caught in the rain, it takes days to dry it out and what do you do with a hunk of wet animal skin if you can't sit on it. One seat cover could almost full up a saddlebag.
Most guys that use the beads like them, but also some (of the better riders) complain that sitting on the beads they can't 'feel' what the bike is doing under them.
Interesting and everlasting problem, everyone has their own way to deal with it.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Butt comfort Empty was "Butt Comfort", now "monthly breakfast attendance"

Post by wfdudley Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:52 am

mogu83 wrote:Maybe the lack of a mailing list is why people don't show for breakfasts/lunch.

IF under "Monthly Breakfast/Lunch" you had ONE topic for "monthly breakfast" and ONE topic for "lunch rides",
then the existing facility for emailing changes to a topic would make it so people got email announcements of
breakfasts.  As it is now, you have a NEW topic for every month, which means I can't get an email notification
unless I login and subscribe to each month's topic, which defeats the labor saving benefit of email notification.

Bill Dudley
wfdudley
wfdudley

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:38 am

OTOH - I go to my mail box (US Mail) every day to check if I have mail, because it's important to me.
So what's the big deal about going on the site every few days (using automatic login in you don't even have to do it manually) if your interested in what's going on in the group.
Right now we don't have people share their e-mail information. I've ended up on mailing lists that I was no longer interested in and couldn't get them turned off. IMHO if people can't drop in once a week then obviously they have little interest in participating in group activities.
The software we're using doesn't support mass mailings but it also costs nothing to use.

mogu83
mogu83

Mac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam3512 Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:15 am

mogu83 wrote:OTOH -  I go to my mail box (US Mail) every day to check if I have mail, because it's important to me.
So what's the big deal about going on the site every few days (using automatic login in you don't even have to do it manually) if your interested in what's going on in the group.
Right now we don't have people share their e-mail information.  I've ended up on mailing lists that I was no longer interested in and couldn't get them turned off.  IMHO if people can't drop in once a week then obviously they have little interest in participating in group activities.
The software we're using doesn't support mass mailings but it also costs nothing to use.

THIS. Just bookmark it and check in every so often. Simple.
Cam3512
Cam3512

mogu83, Mac and Guzziboy66 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:43 pm

Bought a Skwoosh medium classic padded sheepskin on Amazon for $45. Looks to be good quality and feels quite comfy.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down