MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorcycle magazines

3 posters

Go down

Motorcycle magazines Empty Motorcycle magazines

Post by mogu83 Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:44 am

Just an idea.
Like most of us my motorcycle magazine subscriptions were down to zero, not counting the BMWMOA mag and the AMA one, both come with club membership.  Last year I took a chance and subscribed to Rider ($11.00) and found it well worth the money.   Formatted like the magazines of the 70's it contains stuff that the average motorcyclist would be interested in.  No $50,000 choppers or motorcycle trips exploring new paths through the Darwin Gap.   Travel articles about places you can get to on two wheels starting at your driveway and bikes that you thought about putting in your garage.
This month an extensive travel article about two guys riding from Las Vegas North through numerous National Parks and mountain passes that we read about.  They were riding --  wait for it --- V85 Guzzis.  The article was mostly about the trip, which included some off road work, and not the bike (but pictures of the bikes were abundant).  At the end of the article there were some kudos for the bikes reliability and the statement 'They handled everything we threw at them".   Another article was about the Royal Enfield Meteor, a 350cc that is rarely seen in the US.  IMHO it is the star of the Enfield line being almost indestructible, but unfortunately powered way below what the American motorcyclist has come to expect.  It is however revered around the world and has helped make Enfield one of the best selling marques in the world.
So if you see one of those annoying advertisements stuck between the pages of your favorite magazine and it's for a discounted subscription to Rider, give it a shot (less than a tank of high test gas).
mogu83
mogu83

JoeA likes this post

Back to top Go down

Motorcycle magazines Empty Re: Motorcycle magazines

Post by egschade Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:43 pm

Rider is the only print subscription I have for the same reasons you noted. Once Cycle World and Motorcycling merged I gave up.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by 9fingers Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:52 pm

Have you guys tried Backroads.com? they make an excellent glossy print magazine that covers a wide variety of topics. I met the editor by chance at a local eatery, the Barnyard, in Branchville, NJ They also have a free E newsletter.
Scott

9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:38 am

9fingers wrote:Have you guys tried Backroads.com? they make an excellent glossy print magazine that covers a wide variety of topics. I met the editor by chance at a local eatery, the Barnyard, in Branchville, NJ  They also have a free E newsletter.
Scott

Will check it out - thanks.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum