MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring Campout Anyone?

+3
Mac
egschade
Cam3512
7 posters

Go down

Spring Campout Anyone? Empty Spring Campout Anyone?

Post by Cam3512 Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:52 pm

I know it's early, but just thinking in advance. Anyone up for a campout down in Pokomoke State Park in Maryland sometime in April? We've done it a few times with the Maryland "group", but thought we'd just take the place over with Jersey riders. Ride down on Cape May Ferry, head along the coast through Ocean City (MD), then camp on the Eastern Shore. Easy ride, and nice that time of year.

Sound off if you're interested...

Cam
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

Spring Campout Anyone? Empty Re: Spring Campout Anyone?

Post by egschade Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:02 pm

That's about 1.5 hrs from my good friend's place in Easton, MD. Could make for a nice 3-day weekend.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:20 pm

You know I'm always up for this!
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by MADMIKE Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:55 pm

I'm in - great time of year!
MADMIKE
MADMIKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:10 pm

I think we should plan it.

But, you know me the voice of dissent. If we're gonna go some place for a weekend, should we maybe, I dunno, ride towards the mountains and not the flat lands. If I want boring, flat, and straight I can get that here. But Pocs, Adarondacks, etc. offer these crazy things called CURVES!

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:53 pm

Long way off, IMHO Pocomoke City has been kind of used up, although taking the ferry down is kind of fun..

If the distance is an issue consider New York along the Delaware River.  Nick,Mike and  myself stayed at Cedar Rapids while doing the first New Sweden 450.   Decent campground (not great) with bar and restaurant on the premises.  Decent ride up and back along the Delaware or through the Poconos and interesting things to see in the area.
Just sayin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam3512 Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:46 am

It’s a long way off. Definitely open to suggestions on locations.
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev M Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:37 am

I say any place with curves on the roads and cabins in the campground.

Kev M

Back to top Go down

Post by 9fingers Sun May 30, 2021 10:10 am

mogu83 wrote:Long way off, IMHO Pocomoke City has been kind of used up, although taking the ferry down is kind of fun..

If the distance is an issue consider New York along the Delaware River.  Nick,Mike and  myself stayed at Cedar Rapids while doing the first New Sweden 450.   Decent campground (not great) with bar and restaurant on the premises.  Decent ride up and back along the Delaware or through the Poconos and interesting things to see in the area.
Just sayin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't know if you guys did this trip to Cedar Rapids, but if you ever do, or do it again, there is a great ride from there up thru the Peakamoose Forest to Phoenicia, then down thru the Sundown Forest. And there is a killer good pizza place in Phoenicia. I am only about an hour south of this campground and ride that area frequently. I am up for this anytime.
Scott

9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Mon May 31, 2021 4:51 pm

I used to stop in Phoenicia, NY at Sweets Sues for pancakes.  Sadly I hear it's closed because the owner is retiring.
Here's my CB125 parked across the street.

mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by 9fingers Mon May 31, 2021 9:06 pm

Oh that is so cool! Sweet Sues was my FAVORITE eatery anywhere! I used to drive my family up at least once a year for breakfast and one year we camped nearby and ate breakfast AND lunch the same day. Very sad that it has closed but hopeful someone will buy it and keep it going. How far did you ride that CB125 to get there? Since SS closed I have been going to Brios, across the street and found that they make incomparable sesame seed crust and wild mushroom pizza, as well as others. One of the best anywhere.
Scott

9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by 9fingers Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:32 pm

mogu83 wrote:I used to stop in Phoenicia, NY at Sweets Sues for pancakes.  Sadly I hear it's closed because the owner is retiring.
Here's my CB125 parked across the street.

And that CB125 is super cool! I started on CT70H (the 4 speed, when I was 12, and then moved to an SL -125 at 14 I think. Then at 16 found out about trials riding and though it was so cool, and bought a TL125 in 1074.
I delivered newspapers on my 70 till I got caught and cut a lot of lawns to pay for the others. You still have that 125? I am thinking of buying a Trail 125 and doing the BDR on it, at least thru NY State, maybe not all the way to Maine. Still bummed about Sweet Sues......if you find another place that compares please do let me know. I don't care if it's 5 hours away.
Scott

9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by 9fingers Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:38 pm

Kev M wrote:I think we should plan it.

But, you know me the voice of dissent. If we're gonna go some place for a weekend, should we maybe, I dunno, ride towards the mountains and not the flat lands. If I want boring, flat, and straight I can get that here. But Pocs, Adarondacks, etc. offer these crazy things called CURVES!

I am planning a Fall Adirondack ride, or Summer, but the black flys are vicious in Summer. If anyone is interested lemme know.......otherwise I go solo. There are TONS of dirt roads and trails that my Tom Tom tried to take me on before I figured out how to eliminate dirt from the choices. I am a quite good dirt rider but at 64, not riding a 500lb V STrom off into the wilderness alone...........Might run into the guys from Deliverance Shocked
But if you guys come up with a wilderness or mountain destination with cabins or cheap motels, I am in.
Scott

9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down