MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear Heloise

3 posters

Go down

Dear Heloise Empty Dear Heloise

Post by mogu83 Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:02 am

Dear Heloise,
I think something may be wrong with me.  My 1971 BMW has a good set of Metzler Lazertec tires on it, very little wear and they work perfectly.   Recently I was informed that Avon is making repros of their Speedmaster and Safety Miler tires that were the standard for the go fast guys 50+ years ago.  My BSAs were always shod with these tires.   Suddenly, with just a few quick clicks on Amazon I found myself with a set of these tires heading my way even though the tires on the bike are thousands of miles from needing replacement. I think I may be afflicted with the dreaded ' If you can't ride it - spend money on it syndrome'.

Could there be something wrong with me, can I be cured ????

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Dear Heloise Empty Re: Dear Heloise

Post by Mac Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:07 am

Maybe a 12 step program?

Or try writing 100 times"I will not spend anymore money on motorcycles "
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:49 pm

Those tires were here in one day from Amazon. Unbelievable.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:50 am

Dear Mogu83,

You are, indeed, ill. You have been infected with the E-shopping virus. Combine this disease with you astute observation of having too much time to THINK about riding without actually being able to do so and the result is often a blown budget of impulsive purchases of items you want but don't actually need.

There are many instances of this infection happening in the northeast this year. Depending on the region and brand of motorcycle it has many names. In your case I would label it as 'farkleitis'.

The only known cures are to move to a warmer climate where year-round riding is possible or go cold turkey and delete your Amazon and other online shopping accounts.

Sincerely,

Heloise
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:40 pm

But they are pretty -- Said the man going on fourscore years who is excited over a set of tires. If it rains for the Norton thing I'll be really upset.
Bad news is they have some kind of coating on them that I'm having a hell of a time getting off. Makes me wonder if the tires were sitting in the dark recesses of some warehouse since WW II. (kidding about WW II))
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:18 pm

mogu83 wrote: But they are pretty -- Said the man going on fourscore years who is excited over a set of tires.

Oh, I get it - Says the threescore gent who just bought a pair of Pirelli MT-60's for a new bike with under 400 miles because "they'll look cool and work better on dirt roads".

mogu83 wrote:  Makes me wonder if the tires were sitting in the dark recesses of some warehouse since WW II.

What does the date stamp say?

egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum