MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EICMA Guzzi

2 posters

Go down

EICMA Guzzi  Empty EICMA Guzzi

Post by Cam3512 Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gotta say, their lineup is looking fantastic!
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

EICMA Guzzi  Empty Re: EICMA Guzzi

Post by MADMIKE Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:03 pm

Improvements on the air cooled models also!

MADMIKE
MADMIKE

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam3512 Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:55 am

I can definitely see Mad Mike making another run to the Arctic Circle on a new Stelvio…
Cam3512
Cam3512

Back to top Go down

Post by MADMIKE Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:11 am

Yo Cam! It will be a while for that...still sorting out the current Stelvio. As I type my instrument cluster is being held hostage by a customs agent in the Netherlands. Once released from their grasps, its on its way to a shop specializing in instrument repair to extinguish a no longer needed ABS light. The always on ABS light couldn't be cured with the high tech electrical tape solution. Tired of frequently bleeding my back brake, I decided to take out all my frustrations on the blatantly MADE IN CHINA ABS brake module hiding under the fuel tank. I always had a gripe with Moto Guzzi since they always used top notch components Brembo, Bosch, Weber Marelli etc. All these years (ten!) I wondered why they cheeped out on this component.

Well, once it was removed, I turned it right side up and all became clear. It wasn't Moto Guzzi who farmed it out but those 20th century trouble making Germans. The module is an ATE which makes the caliper on my R75/6 and the brakes on my 1983 Diesel Mercedes. Great German company, or at least it used to be until it made this turd of a brake module in the land of cheap labor and questionable territorial demands.

So there it is...Moto Guzzi still in high regard, my Stelvio is still being sorted out, and German corporations will be eyed with greater suspicion moving forward. Bosch diesel injectors suck by the way, farmed out to India...Italian made Bosio are the ones to behold.
There it is again. Germans strike two. Italians...la dolce vita!  

Module in its original upside down mounting position hiding its mixed race German - Chinese heritage

Module bypassed with Advanced Auto Dorman part- seems ok. Notice the leaking ABS module wreaking havoc on the paint below.
There goes my trade in value...Thanks a lot ATE.

ABS light shining bright. Soon to be off forever- provided I didn't screw up the Customs Declaration Form
MADMIKE
MADMIKE

Nick, Mac and MADMIKE like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down