MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinlock Lens insert

3 posters

Go down

Pinlock Lens insert Empty Pinlock Lens insert

Post by Nick Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:53 pm

So, how many of you use this? I finally got one for my Shoei Qwest helmet. Everybody that has one brags about it so I figured WTH, let me get one.
Since my existing face shield was not pinlock ready, I also got a new face shield. Took a ride to Revzilla at the Philadelphia Navy Yard and got it. Hope it lives up to the hype.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Pinlock Lens insert Empty Re: Pinlock Lens insert

Post by egschade Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:00 pm

I love it in my helmets - been using one for years. Just be careful to: 1) keep the two mating surfaces clean and 2) that the gasket on the inner shield seals well against the main shield.

Depending on how the helmet sits on your noggin you may notice the upper edge of the shield. I do but have adjusted to it being there and it's not a bother.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:46 pm

Funny you put this in just now.
I've been using Nolan 104s and they come with pinlock shields, that I've never used.  Just this morning I dug the pinlock out of the box the helmet came in, cleaned everything and installed it on the shield.
Tomorrow the temps will be in the high twenties and I'll give it a good test, riding to the Beemer brunch.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Well --- another thing dragging me into the 21st century. I have a few of these things sitting on a shelf (they come with Nolan helmets) and always figure they were just some fluff that didn't work. Naturally I was wrong.
Work really nice, especially on a cold day when you pull up to a stop light. The shield doesn't fog up - surprise, surprise.
Just figured I'd do a follow up in case someone is thinking about getting one.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by egschade Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:50 pm

I thought I would be distracted by the edges. I notice them on occasion when looking through the very top of the shield but that's a small price to pay for clear vision. Nice when something works as advertised.
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum