Crossroads Diner Belvidere

Go down

Crossroads Diner Belvidere

Post by mogu83 on Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:03 pm

Don't know how many of you are familiar with this little window to the past that is at the intersection of Rt46 and Rt519.  Stopped there a lot over the years and many times bumped into someone from the motorcycling community that I knew.    Always had a really inexpensive breakfast special.

Seems it has been sold and be replaced with a newer food establishment.   I'll miss this quiet little place when I head North .
Hopefully someone will buy the diner, rebuild it and let it be reborn in a location where it can be appreciated.
Time marches on, sometimes not for the better.  Likely will be replaced by a fast food place where a robot takes the order, cooks the food (reheats it) and serves the food.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Re: Crossroads Diner Belvidere

Post by Jimbo on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:36 am

I ate there for the first time, although I had passed there many time, this past Spring. Overheard a conversation between an older woman and the young waitress. It sounded like the dialog on Mayberry, R.F.D.
Another soon to be victim of progress, the Chatterbox Drive-in at the intersection of Route 15 and US 206, will be closing in the Fall and replaced by a WaWa. Be sure to stop by and say goodbye, but not today, they have changed their hours due to reduced staffing (people leaving when they find another job). So, they don't open until 11:30, Wednesday through Monday, closed on Tuesdays.

Jimbo

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum