MGNOC of NJ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daytona - bike week

3 posters

Go down

Daytona - bike week Empty Daytona - bike week

Post by mogu83 Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:18 am

Anyone go/going ?? I kind of miss going every now and then but the last few years I went it was a little disappointing.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Daytona - bike week Empty Re: Daytona - bike week

Post by egschade Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:38 pm

Never been. After a couple trips to Americade, and being somewhat agoraphobic, I have no desire to hang out with a few thousand biker buddies. As Austin Powers once said, "It's not my bag baby"
egschade
egschade

Back to top Go down

Post by royaloilfield Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:25 pm

I went once in 2005 and had a really good time>>Highlights= camped with the Guzzi group at Lake Monroe, vintage racing, swapmeet, ama supercross,ama road racing and warm weather. The Guzzi folks never went anywhere near a harley based event! I didn't even see the downtown area! maybe something to it???
royaloilfield
royaloilfield

Back to top Go down

Post by mogu83 Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:05 pm

I went for over 25 years in a row.  Usually did the biker thing one day, just to see it.  Naturally hit the popular bars.  
Camped with the Beemer guys (Bulow Campground) then the Guzzui guys (Lake Monroe) then a condo in New Smyrna Beach.
First they stopped the vintage races on Monday and Tuesday, then the 200 became a club race, then they cut down on the vendors in front of the track, then they stopped the vintage auction in Deland, then I lost interest.
I guess it's worth going if you've never been.
Laconia is basically the same, the AMA race has become a non-AMA sanctioned club race.  Good thing about Laconia is it's a nice ride up there and back.  Weirs Beach is the same as Main street Daytona, a bunch of people dressed up as bikers, but an entertaining show to watch.
mogu83
mogu83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down